Bug LiveTV gets broken if I poweroff my AVR
I am not sure if this bug is happening on the Mediaportal plugin itself or if it's a bug in XBMC, please advise.

If liveTV is playing, and I power off my AVR ( connected to the PC via HDMI ), when I turn the AVR back on, the liveTV has no sound and the image is VERY choppy, like it's playing 1 frame per seconds, if I pause, play, try to fastforward or anything the video always resume in the same slow motion/copy video.

I cannot change channel either, it keep playing the choppy video source.

The only way I found to recover is to quit the LiveTV ( stop it ), then if I go back in in LiveTV mode and choose a channel it works properly again.

Some times I get a popup saying that a log was generated but I'm not sure where.

Hopefully this is useful. Let me know if you need more details.
Does this only happen with LiveTV or also when you are playing movies or music?
I think it is not related at all to only LiveTV.

My guess: it sounds like your audio driver detects a missing device and disables the current audio output. XBMC is unaware of change and continues streaming to the disabled audio device.

I can't help you with this problem, but you might ask under "General Help and Support" if more people are experiencing the same problem with XBMC Frodo (or are you running an Eden PVR build?)
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
I am on latest Frodo, you are right, it's not limited to livetv, it does the same if Im watching a movie. But I rarely turnoff my receiver while watching a movie, however TV is often always on Smile

I will go in the general help!

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LiveTV gets broken if I poweroff my AVR0