My first HTPC Build
Hi there,

I've been reading quiet a long time in this board and damn I want to build a HTPC for myself,
please be kind with me as english isn't my Mainlanguage I try my best to keep it correct.

Now to the build I'm planing to buy:

1 x Sea Sonic S12II-520Bronze 520W ATX 2.2 (Is this enough / too much power??)

1 x Corsair Vengeance Low Profile blue DIMM Kit 8GB PC3-12800U CL9-9-9-24 (DDR3-1600) (CML8GX3M2A1600C9B)

1 x Crucial m4 Slim SSD 128GB, 2.5", SATA 6Gb/s (CT128M4SSD1)

1 x IOGEAR GKM561R Multimedia Keyboard, USB (Found this here in several threads and loved it)

1 x Intel Core i3-3225, 2x 3.30GHz, boxed (BX80637I33225) (I love Intel cpus, and from what I heard they are better in Video rendering than AMD's if thats not correct, tell me I'm here to learn, I know the power of the cpu might be a bit overkill but it should be future proof for the next few years)

1 x Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. B (SCBSK-2100) (Found this one here aswell in the Board and loved it)

1 x SilverStone Milo ML03 schwarz (SST-ML03B) (You guessed right this one is aswell from here, it looks great and fits all my needs)

1 x ASRock Z77M, Z77 (dual PC3-12800U DDR3) (I'm not quiet sure about the board, it features USB3 (for the front panel), enough Sata Connectors but is the Z77 chipset good for media or should I get an H77 or a Q77 (only heard about the Z77))

1 x Pioneer BDR-207DBK, SATA (a "cheap" Blueray Burner)

I might pop in a Seagate Baracuda 3TB HDD to install more frequently watched movies there, (the others are on a little NAS)

Price (without the 3TB Baracuda) is about ~600€ which should be 781US$ if Google is correct about that

To round up this thread here the Questions I got:

1. Is the Intel Core i3-3225 better than an AMD A8
2. Mainboard Chipset, z77 q77 or h77
3. Is the 520W SeaSonic PSU overkill?
4. What do you guys think about mini itx boards, the only card I'd put in my HTPC is maybe a Soundcard (Asus Xonar) but not right now, so the single slot PCIE from a mini itx would be enough.

Haven't ordered yet, would like to check with you guys before I order some bullshit.

So tell me what you think about it.

lg Cheriekeks
Since you are ordering a Micro-ATX case, I'm suggesting a Micro-ATX mobo too. This "ASRock H77 Pro4-M" mobo should be good for that CPU. You'll have more room to grow. It doesn't take much power to operate an Intel i3-3225 HTPC. This "SeaSonic S12II 430B 430W" should be more than enough, and it is equipped with dual rails too.

For silent, low power and low heat, Intel i3-3225 is a very good choice......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My first HTPC Build0