• 5(current)
OS X Bottom & Left Edge pixels flickering
(2013-02-01, 22:47)Walt74 Wrote: Something old is also back (and problaby related)

With the return of the green line, a problem from the early betas is also back : i cant view any xvid after something with a different format has been viewed (mp4, mkv) first. I just get a "white sun symbol" in my screen, only the sounds starts. Only solution, restart xbmc (not girlfriend friendly Confused )
This only occurs when the vda decoder is activated.

Ill produce a log asap, can someone reproduce this problem ?

Also having this same issue. Disabled the VDA Decoder until this gets sorted out
You guys are speaking of HD and non HD. Did you try 1080p and 720p or only 720p? I have no problems with 1080p. The green lines only appear on h264 720p, 576p doesn't matter if mkv or m4v.
Hardware decoder will only kick in for HD videos.

EDIT: Seems this has changed.
I also have this green line. If i turn vdad off its gone.
Its only happening sometimes for me (same container type different movie)
It never happens with 1080p movies. And only with mkv m4v and mp4 files in sd or 720 format.

I run xbmc 12 stable. On a late mac mini 2012. Intel 4000 chip. I5

Sorry dont know how to post log files Sad
Hackintish mini intel hd3000 has same issue turn off Vdad and gone on xbmc 12 stable as well. On my allow suspend build from memphiz i dont have this issue however.
yeah because we had a fix for this in rc3 which caused dropped frames for "all others" ... thats why we took the greenline instead of the dropped frames ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
understandable just offering my testing experiences you know I appreciate your help. Smile
Green lines here will try turning off the doo hicky there.

Also something real funky, after watching I think HD films then standard def, the standard def is like in '3d' where you ned the red and blue glasses, or more accurately for those of a certain age when the tape head of a VHS player gets out of alignment so the three colours are a bit pissed.

Quitting the app and restarting solves this.
how does one disable hardware acceleration?
never mind, found it in settings while looking for something else
(2013-02-02, 23:59)Memphiz Wrote: yeah because we had a fix for this in rc3 which caused dropped frames for "all others" ... thats why we took the greenline instead of the dropped frames ...

I too have this green line at the bottom when activating hardware acceleration on my Mac mini.

So is there a fix planned? Seems like you know the bug now.

What is recommended? Switch off hardware acceleration or going back to Eden?

Greetings
Should be Fixed in next nightly Build...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Im running the stable Frodo V12 build on a Mac Mini i7 2012 model with the Intel HD4000 and im getting the same problem, BUT im also getting issues with the sound cutting out, sometimes as bad as every few seconds. I switched off the hardware decoder as suggested to fix the green line issue and it does, and the sound problem seems to be better, but not cured.

Will the build tonight fix both issues??
Mac Mini 2012 i7 2.3Ghz Quad Core Intel HD4000 Graphics
Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.1
XBMC Frodo v12.3
Samsung UE55D8000
(2013-02-12, 11:43)Memphiz Wrote: Should be Fixed in next nightly Build...

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try the next nightly.

(2013-02-12, 15:00)IronMaiDean Wrote: Im running the stable Frodo V12 build on a Mac Mini i7 2012 model with the Intel HD4000 and im getting the same problem, BUT im also getting issues with the sound cutting out, sometimes as bad as every few seconds. I switched off the hardware decoder as suggested to fix the green line issue and it does, and the sound problem seems to be better, but not cured.

According to the matching commit on github they reenabled the Intel graphics handling for the green line issues and made a change for ATI GPUs for not dropping frames.
Nothing sound related, I suppose.

However I'm curious to test the next nightly.

Here's the link to the commit:
Github>>
(2013-02-12, 15:08)iHyperion Wrote:
(2013-02-12, 11:43)Memphiz Wrote: Should be Fixed in next nightly Build...

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try the next nightly.

(2013-02-12, 15:00)IronMaiDean Wrote: Im running the stable Frodo V12 build on a Mac Mini i7 2012 model with the Intel HD4000 and im getting the same problem, BUT im also getting issues with the sound cutting out, sometimes as bad as every few seconds. I switched off the hardware decoder as suggested to fix the green line issue and it does, and the sound problem seems to be better, but not cured.

According to the matching commit on github they reenabled the Intel graphics handling for the green line issues and made a change for ATI GPUs for not dropping frames.
Nothing sound related, I suppose.

However I'm curious to test the next nightly.

Here's the link to the commit:
Github>>

Hello,

I tried the xbmc-20130211-5cee1fe-master-x86_64.dmg nightly on macbook pro mid 2010(core 2 duo, nividia 320M) with mountain lion 10.8.2 and to me a white line in the right and bottom of the screen still appears. Do i have installed the correct nightly?
Try this build guys.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bottom & Left Edge pixels flickering0