• 8(current)
OS X Bottom & Left Edge pixels flickering
(2013-02-02, 07:28)Ned Scott Wrote: Hardware decoder will only kick in for HD videos.

I don't understand. I have a MacMini mid 2011. The problem appears when I play 576i MKV videos and disappears when I disable hardware DVA acceleration.
Helllo ,

Just updated to Frodo 12.1 and the same problems with the white lines persists. Help Please
(2013-03-19, 21:29)LordAnubis3 Wrote: Helllo ,

Just updated to Frodo 12.1 and the same problems with the white lines persists. Help Please

Hello,

I once again build the app and i have seen that the white lines still appear. davilla has authored a change , and put a comment in the code a while back on which decode_async and cvBufferRef are well treated by nvidia graphic cards. Maybe the nvidia 320M has some issue with cvBufferRef on Mac OS X.
Is anyone trying to resolve this issue? What can we users do? Please help.
This is what I get:

White lines on the right side of the screen, and some on the bottom (on pause it getts a little bit better). It's a 9400M with a 2009 Mac Mini...

Please help :-)
Getting the same problem on 12.1 on my 2009 Mac mini. Pretty annoying.
(2013-03-25, 11:10)LordAnubis3 Wrote:

Hello,

I once again build the app and i have seen that the white lines still appear. davilla has authored a change , and put a comment in the code a while back on which decode_async and cvBufferRef are well treated by nvidia graphic cards. Maybe the nvidia 320M has some issue with cvBufferRef on Mac OS X.

It's not only about 320M as I have this problem on 9400M.

Mini 2009, 10.8.3, XBMC 12.1
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-04-08, 00:28)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-03-25, 11:10)LordAnubis3 Wrote:

Hello,

It's not only about 320M as I have this problem on 9400M.

Mini 2009, 10.8.3, XBMC 12.1

Hello,
It appears that the problem is also happening on NVIDIA cards, not only on Intel or ATI cards. I can't say for sure but i think the problem only happens on files that are, h264 hardware decoded and below 1080p (720p,480p,etc) material. Maybe some users can make the test on another NVIDIA card with 1080p material and see if i'm right. On XBMC Eden(v11) i didn't have this problem , but my understanding is that vda decoder has been completely re-written. Maybe another test is with Frodo on a Mountain Lion or Snow Leopard installations to see if the problem has to do with the OS. But if i'm right it only proves on which files the problem seems to happen not the resolution for it. I think the devs could have a better saying in the matter.
Lightbulb 
It looks like devs don't have 9400 or 320 cards with OS X 10.8.3 so they can't reproduce the error. I have a feeling Davilla uses Android now Tongue and Memphiz is using 16 core custom build fruits Tongue
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-04-08, 18:45)pecinko Wrote: It looks like devs don't have 9400 or 320 cards with OS X 10.8.3 so they can't reproduce the error. I have a feeling Davilla uses Android now Tongue and Memphiz is using 16 core custom build fruits Tongue
FruitsHuh lol

I have discussed on the forum that changing the use of CvBufferRef to false the lines are gone but also makes some old options in video options to appear and i really don't know if what i did is the best thing to do because i have little know how of the code.
So what can we do?
Ok I had this issue...

My Mac mini was set to 1080p 50 htz pal... Swapped to 60 htz NTSC - no flicker.
(2013-04-13, 01:06)prowlmedia Wrote: Ok I had this issue...

prowlmedia,

What are your system specs? The problems that happens to most users are on nvidia gpu's(320M, 9400,etc..) maybe in your case you have a diferent card
(2013-04-13, 01:06)prowlmedia Wrote: Ok I had this issue...

I have tried this and although line is less visible (did not test much yet) it is still there.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hello,

I been using the latest Frodo test builds and the problem not seems to be resolved for nvidia cards( mine is Nvidia GeForce 320M ) and it appears that the devs don't have the hardware to test this behavior like pecinko already said. If someone with more know how of the c++ code programming wants to create a pull request to change the m_use_CvBufferRef to false on nvidia cards i think many users will appreciate. I could do this myself but i don't know how to detect which card is running so that the flag is set to false only on troublesome cases. Ohterwise i don't think this problem will ever be resolved.
(2013-04-15, 11:59)LordAnubis3 Wrote: Hello,

I been using the latest Frodo test builds and the problem not seems to be resolved for nvidia cards( mine is Nvidia GeForce 320M ) and it appears that the devs don't have the hardware to test this behavior like pecinko already said. If someone with more know how of the c++ code programming wants to create a pull request to change the m_use_CvBufferRef to false on nvidia cards i think many users will appreciate. I could do this myself but i don't know how to detect which card is running so that the flag is set to false only on troublesome cases. Ohterwise i don't think this problem will ever be resolved.

Let's hope for the best, +1
I'm thinking about downgrading XBMC until this gets fixed, its really annoying with a big TV :-(

Does anybody know when it was introduced, 12.0?

Thanks,
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bottom & Left Edge pixels flickering0