• 1(current)
OS X Bottom & Left Edge pixels flickering
Video 
Hello All,
I've done some searching and I cannot find anything about this. Maybe because I don't even know the search term?

I've been running XBMC on my macmini lion for a while now. I've been using I have a recent nightly (2012-10-15). This issue has only appeared recently. So when playing a video (SD or HD) a row of pixels will be.. wrong. Normally the bottom, sometimes the right edge. I've tried changing video calibration, I am at -4,-8 already and the line is still there. When on the menu everything is normal, it is only while playing video.
Here is a picture with 0,0 calibration.
Any ideas? Huh
new Info:
This is a 2.35:1 movie. It's on the bottom on the video, not near the edge of the screen

XBMC on MacMini + <12TB of material displaying on 60" or 150".
I'm not sure what would cause that, but for our developers could you grab a debug log (wiki) and also post some system details, like what kind of Mac you're using, what GPU it has, etc.

Have you used a nightly version that didn't have this issue? If you can find/try one without the issue, that might also help us narrow down what change caused the issue.
Sorry, I was going to but my log was 4MB at the time and I was watching a show.
Here is a smaller one: http://snipurl.com/25cyng3

The last nightly I used that didn't have the error was quite old. June 6th
XBMC on MacMini + <12TB of material displaying on 60" or 150".
This is exactly what I reported in this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142978 (I couldn't figure out how to post a screen-shot though)

@PyRo1509
You use hardwareacceleration right? If you switch to software-rendering this problem disappears, well at least it did it for me.

And just as you say, only the more recent nighlies behave this way. I cant remember exactly when they started to misbehave, but 6 june sounds about right.

Regards
cannot reproduce on al-macbook w/nvidia gui running 10.6.8
@davilla

Ok, can only speak for myself and I'm on 10.8.2 (with nvidia gfx) if that makes any difference. Only have mkv's with x264 codec (720p), but I remember mp4 (same as mkv but a different container, I'm I right?) had the same problem. Full debug log can be found in my original post (link above). Again, at least for me it is turning on hardware acceleration that causes this behaviour, software-rendering is just fine (but with a slight penalty to cpu-usage offcouse).

Off-topic for this tread but related.
When starting a movie for the first time after firing up xbmc, it stutters like crazy, both audio and video (same with VDA on and off). The work-around is to play it, stop it (returns to xbmc-home screen) and then play it again. Then the stutter is gone and sound is normal. This is also in the log.

Regards
Don't highjack the thread - make a new one for your issue (and let xbmc settle after startup - i guess its looking for addon updates or something which utilises the cpu).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
This green line border was happening for me as well. As Hersan mentioned, I figured out that disabling HW acceleration resolved the issue. Since most of my videos run just fine in SW mode, I didn't have a problem with this.

This did start occurring for me after updating from 10.7.1 to 10.7.5. However there were a number of other variables in play around the same time back in June with me jumping from various Frodo nightlies and snapshots, so I can't say definitively that it was linked to the OS update.

I'm on MacMini 2011 with the Intel HD 3000 in case that matters.
Mac mini 2011 i5, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 3000, MacOS X 10.8.2 here. Same issue (along bottom and right edges of the video).
I have just updated from an Aug 20th build found here : http://xbmc.picmania.org/index.php?dir=osx%2F to the todays Beta 1 and am now getting this green line of pixels along the bottom edge of the video,

Mac mini 2011 i5, 4GB RAM, Intel HD 3000, MacOS X 10.8.2
I too upgraded from Eden to Beta 1 of Frodo today to test things out and I found this problem happening as well. Bottom pixels flicker only when connected to my HDTV using an HDMI cable.

I'm running a rMBP i7, 8GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, MacOS X 10.8.2

Thanks guys!
I am glad I found this thread because I've been trying to fix this since I installed Frodo Beta 1 from Eden last Friday.

Here are some additional details of the issue:

- I tried changing to Software rendering and toggling each switch separately in Video settings but was unable to correct the issue.

- I noticed this does not happen to all videos in my Library so I tested various formats. This issue did not happen with DivX, XviD or x264 video encoding and only happens with H.264 encoded videos. The container has always been MP4 but not 100% sure as I don't have MKV files. AVI files definitely play without this issue.

I have the exact same display issue as the first post on this thread depending on the aspect ratio, it could be at the very bottom of the screen or where the letterbox starts in the second screen shot.

Mac mini 2011 i5, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 3000, MacOS X 10.8.2
Just wanted to confirm this issue as well - flickering single-pixel green and white line at the bottom of my display on the display (video going through HDMI to a 1080p TV).

Switching to software mode solved the problem in my case - Mac Mini Early 2009
I had the same issue with my Mac mini 2012, i5 4Gb RAM Intel HD 4000, OS 10.8.2 but only when running Frodo Beta1... switched back to Eden by now and everything is fine again... no log, sry, am at work.
Issue persists in Beta 2 & 3. Any update or is this issue still being investigated?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bottom & Left Edge pixels flickering0