• 2(current)
OS X Bottom & Left Edge pixels flickering
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues

I haven't seen any Issues created for this problem.
XBMC on MacMini + <12TB of material displaying on 60" or 150".
(2012-12-08, 21:25)PyRo1509 Wrote: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues

I haven't seen any Issues created for this problem.

You are not allowed to create issues on github
Use the forum or trac.xbmc.org if confirmed
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi, i have this king of problem too, a one or two pixels line at botom of screen, only since beta update.
I have a Retina 13, end 2012,HD4000 and 2.5Ghz i5.

I had to update on frodo because on the Eden, i was not able to get sound on HDMI output. On Analog and Digital option, no sound, and on HDMI option, sound ok but image flicks each seconds.

Yesterday i've test with the option: turn off master display when play video, it's perfect, no more judder or green line at the bottom of the tv. Probably because of Retina display the HD4000 is not capable to manage two high res (2560x1600 and 1920x1080).
(2012-12-11, 10:50)silvain24 Wrote: Yesterday i've test with the option: turn off master display when play video, it's perfect, no more judder or green line at the bottom of the tv. Probably because of Retina display the HD4000 is not capable to manage two high res (2560x1600 and 1920x1080).

This does not address the underlining cause and the majority of us with this issue are only using a single display on pre-2012 MAC's.
We don't have any hardware which can reproduce that issue.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-12-11, 20:24)Memphiz Wrote: We don't have any hardware which can reproduce that issue.

In my case it is only happening with .MP4/H.264 encoded videos, not .avi/XviD's. Not sure if that helps. Every video encoded in this format has the issue.
Sure its a hardware decoding issue - we already got that. And only h.264 is hardware decoded. Though it doesn't happen on the macs we have (mostly nvidia and ati).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-12-11, 22:12)Memphiz Wrote: Sure its a hardware decoding issue - we already got that. And only h.264 is hardware decoded. Though it doesn't happen on the macs we have (mostly nvidia and ati).

Memphiz, just to confirm your state, I have Mac Mini Mid-2011 i7 2.7 Mhz 8GB with AMD Radeon HD 6630M, where those lines appear in every single H.264 file. I have tested with Frodo RC1 and it was not fixed yet. Do you know if it is considered for the final version or RC2?
If the devs can't replicate the issue then it's very unlikely they can fix it.

I would see if it happens with something else on the Mac that uses hardware video decoding. Maybe try an HD movie trailer from Apple's website and play it back in Safari, and see if that does the same thing.
(2012-12-14, 16:10)Ned Scott Wrote: If the devs can't replicate the issue then it's very unlikely they can fix it.

I would see if it happens with something else on the Mac that uses hardware video decoding. Maybe try an HD movie trailer from Apple's website and play it back in Safari, and see if that does the same thing.

On Eden it doesn't happen using the hardware decoding, just to bring as reference. I will test what you suggested.
Ned, it doesn't happen on Eden with HW acceleration, so I'm pretty sure it's an XBMC issue.
gezz, only one xbmc.log has been posted, no real info. is this size dependent ?
I have a mid-2010 Mac mini (2.4GHz Core 2 Duo and NVidia 320M video) and have had this issue on both Lion and Mountain Lion while using any Frodo build. I use an LCD running in 1680x1050 resolution, but this wasn't an issue back when I was still using Eden. Here's another log to see if that helps locate the problem.

http://www.magelair.com/Misc/h.264_issue-xbmc.log
I have created a debug log witch should contain the screen flickering problem, it is my first attempt at posting a log so be kind.

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=22148

is use a mac min 2011 8GB memory OSX 10.8.2 with XBMC Frodo RC1 and Aeon Nox 4.0, output video and sound through HDMI.

The problem exists in all skins and through out all Frodo Beta to RC1, it did not exist in Eden.
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bottom & Left Edge pixels flickering0