[ANDROID] MK808 the current champ!?
Got my MK808 last week... originally just hooked it up to a monitor in my office and played around a bit with my 1st Android device. Today I decided to move it to the bedroom 37" TV and see how she works. It is barely showing any wifi signal. Prior to purchase I had danced around the web looking for info on this device and I know I had read somewhere that some firmware versions had Wifi Issues!!
Here's what I have:
Android 4.1.1
Kernal Version = 3.0.8+
Build Number = MK808_300j1_27-1-02012.
------------------------------------------------

Hopefully there is a patch or some firmware update that fixes the weak Wifi issue.

When it was in my office, about 6 feet from the router it worked fine... new location is only 1 room further removed (about 20-30 ft away).

Thanks in advance for your help.
Ken
I have this running XBMC in Android OS with an external player to handle HW decoding with HD files.
Very happy with it.
Super fast.
Just got one for 33$, will probably arrive here in about 2 weeks Smile Will report back when it gets here.
(2012-10-21, 09:47)Vaevictus2 Wrote: I think once again this will be a non-starter for xbmc based on the chipset choice.

The rockchip SOC is also closed source and not open enough for xbmc to take advantage of hardware decoding.

The killer xbmc set top box will be in my opinion like this:

set top box form factor (more connectivity options and better wifi signal strength)
dual core CPU
mali GPU
1GB minimum of RAM
Open VPU processing like the amlogic chipset (eg Pivos)
Easily flashable to xbmcbuntu

I really think android is a waste of time on TVs. I just set up my Mele A2000 with the latest jellybean and it's an absolute pain to navigate/type with a simple remote.
XBMC is where it's at for a TV "OS" and the manufacturers just dont get it.

Just Got one of these MK808 mini pc and installed XBMC, honestly can't fault it
(2012-10-21, 09:47)Vaevictus2 Wrote: I think once again this will be a non-starter for xbmc based on the chipset choice.

The rockchip SOC is also closed source and not open enough for xbmc to take advantage of hardware decoding.

The killer xbmc set top box will be in my opinion like this:

set top box form factor (more connectivity options and better wifi signal strength)
dual core CPU
mali GPU
1GB minimum of RAM
Open VPU processing like the amlogic chipset (eg Pivos)
Easily flashable to xbmcbuntu

I really think android is a waste of time on TVs. I just set up my Mele A2000 with the latest jellybean and it's an absolute pain to navigate/type with a simple remote.
XBMC is where it's at for a TV "OS" and the manufacturers just dont get it.

(2012-11-05, 11:39)Crans Wrote: almost dumped $79 on this and air keyboard but glad i found this and a video on youtube showing hd glitching.

must be that bootleg china quality cpu.

You have to install an external player to handle HW decoding with HD files...

Install MX Player from Android Play Store.. I am enjoying my MK808 a lot once I figured out how to fix the hardware acceleration issue
Not quite understanding the obssesion with 1080p which 720p is perfectly fine and looks just as good, unless maybe you have a giant TV. But if your buying a Android stick ummm, its unlikely you either have a high quality 1080p TV over 32". If the darn thing works fine with 720p go with it and I would say STFU but I won't.

I have dropped my YT videos I view back to 720p and with some of the people I subscribe too, the videos load much faster than on 1080p. The issue is not with XBMC, the hardware or my internet connection but traffic on You Tube.

Also I don't get the bashing of Android when XBMC installs easy enough on these things.
In my opinion it's quite opposite, there is a lot more obsession with android.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ANDROID] MK808 the current champ!?0