• 7(current)
Android Design Concept for next level of the remote
Hey Jezz_X, I mentioned your re-design as source for inspiration for my GSoC proposal (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=163725) to imporve the current XBMC Android remote app. Let me know if that's okay.
It doesn't seem that anyone is working on the remote anymore?

Using Yatse now anyway, but would have loved to see this concept come to life.
Me too :-( and since google i/o I liked some of the design standards talked about there as well
your proposal don't get GSOC 2013, that's sad Sad

would you work anyway on this excellent remote ?

BHH
HDConvertToX, AutoMKV, AutoMen author
I'm starting to get the itch to do Android stuff again, and would love to see the official XBMC remote app get some changes like this. Has anyone started working on it? I don't see that freezy's sandbox repo has had any commits in a while.

Would the option to make a 4.0+ version be considered, or are there too many Gingerbread users? I'm guessing you could leave the existing APK for pre-4.0 devices and upload a new one for ICS and up.
really like this and how it fits into the holo theme. I hope someone picks up development!
Thumbs Up 
I think the Navigation Drawer is a necessity to quickly jump between major areas, i.e. Pictures, Movies, TV Shows, Remote. (I hate pressing Back 1000 times) I think it would serve better than action bar tabs. I noticed in your pictures you have a bottom->up drawer in the tablet version. I recently implemented a Draggable Drawer component which lets you make drawers slide from any direction with handles or edge dragging. Anyway I have some ideas and am willing to put in some significant time. But I want to avoid stepping on toes and duplicating work? Is there usually a general consensus on major UI design questions before implementation? I could get started on moving towards the design on this thread today..
same apk can be used for all versions with ActiobBarSherlock. anyway i do like the idea, though I would argue to include an actual ActionBar and follow design patterns..
The remote view should be a sliding drawer on the right side a handle.. so we can use the full square footage for 'now playing' for became, and slide out the remote when u need it.
Here is what I am currently working on, its very early and only just working, but progress Smile

And I mean really early and very hacky and not really usable at all yet, more of a proof of concept/ultra-pre alpha.

https://github.com/v00d00/xr

Album: https://plus.google.com/photos/109100344...4025893793
As we know, everyone had different use scenarios for xbmc... Some love their movie collections, some like to stream web TV.. Some are using as PVR... For me... I use mine mostly for music.

Some I'm quite often using the library & files mode on the xbmc remote.

File mode because it's quick (without artwork) and lists are always easy if your material is organised. Library occasionally.

It lacks the ability to search the library at the moment.
Though I don't know if this is a limit of the upnp xbmc uses.?

Anyway it would obv. be nice you see that in the official remote. (Yatse has it)

-but anyway my main point-- would it be possible to add a feature to highlight (long press) on a song and add it to the favourites menu?

Sure you can add tunes to a playlist, save that, and just play it when you want it, but quite often im going... 'Ash, that track, yeah I wanna hear that'. It would just be really convenient to be able to 'favourite' your songs as you go.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Design Concept for next level of the remote5