Missing EPG - Never used to be missing
The EPG has been working great via OpenTV-SkyUK for the past few weeks but it has stopped working for a number of channels.

The ones I have noticed are...

BBC One HD
BBC 2 England
ITV 1 HD
Channel 4 HD
Channel 5
Some of the ITV2,3,4 and +1s
BBC Three
BBC Four

I'm running - HTS Tvheadend 3.1.773~gc74b0cf~precise

I think this is the latest prebuild available?

Has anything changed to cause this?

Most other channels EPGs are working fine, I think all encrypted channels (SkyUK) are being pulled in great. Just a number of FTA channels now have a missing EPG where they previously were filled for 7 days.

I've tried deleting the epgv2 db file. This looked to have cleared the EPG and all the channels except the above filled up as previously.

Any ideas?
I also noticed EPG is missing for some channels here. Looks like OTA EPG stopped working.
But the OpenTV Sky EPG is working still. All the Sky channels have a full and working EPG.

I know there has been some recent changes to the BBC transponders, maybe that has thrown up some issues. Though doesn't explain ITV 1 HD/Ch4/Ch5 being missing.
The only thing I can think of is the build before that certainly did break stuff, but that was fixed in the version you mention.

It all seems to be working fine for my own system, though I'm only using Freesat fata as I have only FTA channels.

If the problem persists please report on www.lonelycoder.com.

Adam

I've just upgraded to - HTS Tvheadend 3.1.776~ge3231ec~precise

Deleted the EPG DB and ticked only Freesat as EPG grabber and it still gets nothing at all. Changed from Freesat to OpenTV Sky UK and everything except a number of FTA channels fill up.

Very odd. I'll try and diagnose this issue a bit more, but it was working fine for a while.
To fix I had to delete the problem channels and remap them.

Once mapped again the EPG filled up instantly.
I'm having this problem, too.

I'm on DVB-T via a Happauge HVR-4000 on Gentoo. I can get most channels ok with EIT data, but for some reason I can't pick up the channel information for the BBCA mux.

I'm on the Preseli transmitter in the UK, so for me BBCA is on 650.166MHz. It receives the mux ok, and identifies several "services", but none of these services have channel names or EPG data. Also, there's no "Network ID" listed beside the mux in tvheadend.

I can pick up D3&4, SDN, ARQA and ARQB just fine. Also, my Panasonic TV (which has both DVB-T and DVB-T2) shows EPG data for the BBCA mux no problem, and BBCB on DVB-T2, too.

Any ideas anyone? BBCA used to work in the summer. Not sure exactly when it broke. I'm using tvheadend 3.3.157~g70f0801.

Thanks.
I'm running off the Preseli transmitter and manually added 650.200 and it all works fine
Strange. What version of tvheadend are you running?

I'm definitely getting a signal at 650.200, and 24 "services" are being detected, but they're all unnamed!

I don't think it's a transmitter problem as they show up ok on my TV. Something to do with TVHeadend, but I can't figure out what...
3.2.18~g40a8920~oneiric

Hmm,

Well I never did find the cause of the problem, so I downgraded to tvheadend 3.2.

As if my magic, BBCA was detected and working perfectly.

So something's broken in the git version since 3.2. Not sure where to go from here really. At least I have my channels back!
Unless there is something you specifically want that latest git provides you're better off sticking with 3.2. Unless of course you want to help with debugging issues and testing new code etc... In which case pop along to #hts to discuss stuff.

Adam
same problem here, tvheadend is losing EPG data for some channels.
Worked fine after first setup.
After a while ~1Month EPG data started to drop out, the only way to fix the problem is to delete and remap the channels with no EPG data.
But doing this every month for bout 10-15 channels stars getting annoying.
If this is still happening with master (or 3.2) it really needs to be submitted as a bug report @ www.lonelycoder.com or it will not get dealt with (i.e. I'll forget about it).

Adam

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing EPG - Never used to be missing0