taglib problem
Have you actually tried simply removing the libtag that Ubuntu ships with? Chances are nothing uses it, and if so, apt-get will tell you so when you try to remove it.
I was able to remove libtag1-dev, no one was using that. But still have libtag1-vanilla and libtag1c2a installed which is used by other applications.
And still have:

ls -al /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtag*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 Aug 26 12:36 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtag.so.1 -> libtag.so.1.7.0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1063856 Dec 18 2011 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtag.so.1.7.0

So i guess it will continue to link against that.

But i was thinking, the taglib installation that comes with XBMC don't install any .so files or anything? Don't really know what they do but XBMC always use them to link against. Looking at my post above it should have worked when i installed taglib in /usr since that comes before -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu? But it didn't. Maybe i'm missing some .so file?
ah bugger. your libtag sits in /usr/lib/x84_64-linux-gnu. the first -L takes precedence... while not a proper solution, if you change
configure.in l1000 to

[INCLUDES="$TAGLIB_CFLAGS $INCLUDES "; LIBS="$TAGLIB_LIBS $LIBS "],

it should link. please confirm
Now it seems that no libtag gets linked at all.

But to my previous questions, every library linked in xbmc.bin contains .so in some way. But no such files are installed when i do "sudo make -C lib/taglib install" The only files that are created is:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5513332 Oct 22 14:59 /usr/local/lib/libtag.a
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 58108 Oct 22 14:59 /usr/local/lib/libtag_c.a

Shouldn't it be more files than those two? Even though i know nothing about this i would kind of expect a libtag.so.1.8.0 file or something? Based on how everything else look.
no. it only build static libraries on purpose to avoid interfering with runtime of other apps.
Will try all over again when i get home from work. To rule out my own stupidity =)
Thank you, everything seems to work now. Atleast XBMC is able to run.
(2012-10-23, 09:44)spiff Wrote: ah bugger. your libtag sits in /usr/lib/x84_64-linux-gnu. the first -L takes precedence... while not a proper solution, if you change
configure.in l1000 to

[INCLUDES="$TAGLIB_CFLAGS $INCLUDES "; LIBS="$TAGLIB_LIBS $LIBS "],

it should link. please confirm

Was thinking of making another git pull, and now got a message that my changes will be overwritten. Do i need to make this change every time i make a pull or is there some more permanent way i could use?
x64 compiler flags? http://doc.spatial.com/index.php/Compile..._gcc_4.1.2

uNi
until it is fixed in git; yes. commit the change. then git will keep it easy for you...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
taglib problem0