ReadLiveStream
Can anyone tell me if it's possible for a PVR addon to end a live tv session if it knows the tuner is no longer available? NextPVR always prioritises recordings over live tv, so while a tuner might be available for live tv when the user initially started watching, and some point in the future it may have to give up the tuner for a recording to occur.

I thought I might be able to return some error code from ReadLiveStream(), but it doesn't look like that is possible. Any suggestions?

If I can stop the live tv session, I can then use XBMC->QueueNotification() to let the user know what happened. Something like'tuner now recording' or similar.
negative return value will signal eof and you can use QueueNotification to notify the user what happened indeed. however, it might be better not to signal eof, as that will stop playback and kick the user out of fullscreen video.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Thanks - I can work with that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ReadLiveStream0