Motorola NYXboard vs. AGPTEK Mini Wireless Keyboard
I just bough a AGPTEK Mini Wireless Keyboard
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-text-_-)
to play with on my bedroom pc so I could move my NYXboard over to my Raspberry Pi. Since the wife decided to spill a cup of tea on both, I brought them into work to open them up and clean them. I figured while I had them open I'd snap some shots for comparison.

Will try to add some pros/cons of both later on....
AGPTEK Mini Wireless Keyboard

Pros:
Cheap
worked out of the box on my Win7 machine
smooth mouse functions, w/ left and right click buttons on the left for ease of use
larger size for easy typing on kb
good RF range on KB/mouse side

Cons:
Cheap (construction/materials)
Soft/Squishy buttons (have to press exactly in the middle of button to register)
"Remote" side is IR only.
very directional IR

NYXboard (copied from another site)

Pros:
- Potential to reduce remote clutter in the household
- Ability to take advantage of HDMI CEC capabilities (when bundled with the HDMI CEC adapter from Pulse-Eight, the RF mode can also be used for this purpose)
- RF and IR combination is quite useful in HTPC setups
- Excellent RF range (more than 38 ft.) and decent IR range (around 18 ft.)
- Solid construction makes it a pleasure to use, and hands down, the best remote to use with XBMC (in our opinion)
- Accidental key presses on the underside of the remote are rightfully ignored
- The mouse feature (Fn + arrow pad) is as good as it can be in the absence of a trackpad

Cons:
- Single profile availability for IR programming, i.e, unlike the Logitech Harmony remotes which can have multiple devices configured, this is a learning remote where each key can be programmed to correspond to only one key from another remote in the IR mode.
- Remote is very sensitive to orientation. Casual remote usage (such as holding the remote at an angle to the horizontal plane -- as is common when one is couch surfing) is bound to shift between the keyboard side and the remote side which is sometimes frustrating for the users
- The IR remote's spread / operating angle is a bit on the lower side, which is irksome if one is used to a device-specific remote with better operating angles.
- The absence of dedicated Alt and Ctrl keys renders the remote incapable of replacing a full-fledged keyboard / mouse combination if the HTPC is used for extended periods of time outside of XBMC or any other 10-foot UI program
- Orientation sensing makes it a pain to use with Firefox (or any other program which might use F7 for any purpose)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Motorola NYXboard vs. AGPTEK Mini Wireless Keyboard0