Win Some newbie questions
Hi there i am new to xbmc i started using it few days ago since i decided to build HTPC i have couple of questions probably completely newbish but ok.
1. I have elongated photos of tv show on the other hand Movie photos are great.

2.Can someone tell me how can i edit and delete some main menu options like ( photos)?

ok thats it for now i will think of more things on the way.

Big thanks in advance

Nicky.
Big Grin
bump Smile

Ok new problem

i have from first day i loaded my library some movies that i dont have on the HDD at all and i have no idea how they got there.
when i try to delete them its not working, i mean i click delete and i confirm yes but nothing happens
from this photo down i have only 12 monkeys and 1408. i dont know what is this *delete* or the 6th day also down in library i have more...

anyone can help?

Hi

In the "view" (layout) you're trying to use (DVD-Case), XBMC tries to find a poster for the media, and as it can't find one, it uses a screenshot of the video. Problem is, individual "chapters" of a series do not have a poster, like the serie itself or a movie. So, either you "force" XBMC to use a single poster for all the chapters (you'll see the always same picture on the case), or you change the view to a one where the right space is given to each screenshot. I recommend you to use "Large-List" view (in the top bar menu, the collection sub-menu, first option)

For your second problem, most probably the files in your HD are not organized in the right way, and there's something that the automated Scrapper of XBMC (the script trying to guess what the hell is each file) identifies as "The 6th Day Movie". The best way to ensure that the scrapper does its job right is to:

1) Have separate folders for TV programs and Movies (one folder called "Movies" and another called "Series")
2) Have one independent folder for each movie (inside folder "movies" of course), with the same name as the movie, and even better, the year of the movie between " ( )"
3) Put all the files related to the movie inside that directory (subtitles, poster, video...)
4) For TV Shows, put each one in a different folder, inside this folder create a new sub-folder for each season, and inside the season put all the video files of the TV show

The more organized your files are, the easier for the scrapper to show the right info

Max

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some newbie questions0