'BlackBlue' - new skin for XBMC
just tested, looks good! Smile

i do though have 2 suggestions:

1. make the album covers displayed during playback a little bigger, there's still "wasted" space above and on the sides. maybe the same width as the "now playing"-text?

2. move the transparent background texts (music, pictures...) a little higher, so that they won't be covered by the black info bar during music playback.

other than that, awesome. i don't even use music visualizations anymore :o

-munde
answering to your suggestions:

1.- i cannot make them bigger, since they are superposed by the options of the menus (my files, playlist, etc..).

2.- you them can fit to your taste changing into references.xml the control "default image" tag <posy>.

thank you for everything.
Question 
1. ok, didn't know that... sorry.

2. i will definately try that! did think about doing it myself, but didn't know which file to edit Blush now i do, thanks Smile

-munde
thanks for the great skin. black blue has always been my favorite for the clean and clear design.  i'm using the skin with a 2.5" lcd, so the readability with other skins is a big issue for me. i'm glad to have an updated version.
could you create a background(3.png) for the trailer script from darkie?
and maybe add the psd and font so we can create other sections ourselves for different scripts Smile
blackblue updated to xbox media center 1.1 2004-10-16.

i included the scripts xbmcmail, aqtbrowser (movietrailers) and kmlbrowse (web radio) adapted to the blackblue skin, resolution pal 16:9

download in the post http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....6;st=45  sept 18,2004
great work :thumbsup:
(striker @ oct. 19 2004,00:45 Wrote:great work  :thumbsup:
ditto  Nod

i'm a picky bastard when it comes to skins, but bb is wonderful to look at, except maybe for the large text at the bottom ('music', 'videos' etc) which clutters the display a bit...
blackblue updated to xbox media center 1.1 2004-10-24.

i updated the scripts xbmcmail, aqtbrowser (movietrailers) and kmlbrowse (web radio) adapted to the blackblue skin, resolution pal 16:9

download in the post http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....6;st=45  sept 18,2004
leonardo,
i like this skin better then any for xbmc i've seen! this is the skin i use! it is easy to read on the tv screen and simple and elegant.

do you plan on any enhancements?

there are a few things i'd love to see to make it more remote control and touchscreen friendly.

if you are interested in doing some mods, i'd love to give some ideas!

thanks

affini
thank you for using my skin.

evidently i am interested in doing the necessary mods. to do the most friendly skin.

i expect to receive your ideas.
ok, here goes!

items i'd like to see...

added to every screen a set of controls and info:
bascally an "info bar" like the one on this skin for meedio...

added to every screen:
power off button - lower right corner
back button (goes to previous screen) - upper right corner
home button - upper right corner

"hidden" in the 'arrow' submenu:
settings
scripts

moved to the home page main menu:
recently added movies (r.a.m.)
web radio

added to the music menu:
visualization
music control buttons (play, pause, previous, next, stop, etc)

change weather navitagion:
weather menu have choices for the cities instead of needing to scroll through them... or at least move the scroll arrows onto the left side menu so it is easier to use them.

add screen for music "now playing":
music screen that shows the album cover very large along with the album and song info. this could also be used for album info.

general usability:
have album and game titles word-wrap instead of being cut-off an needing to scroll.

these were my first thoughts Wink i'm sure i'll think of some others.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'BlackBlue' - new skin for XBMC0