Mac mini and 23.976Hz
jingai,

When you play a 23.976 movie, what does your fps value show when you hit 'o'?

Mine was behaving strangely recently...outputting between 23.90 & 23.93.
So I disabled my custom 24hz setting in SwitchResX and reset my PRAM.

Now I'm back to outputting between 23.98 and 24.00 in XBMC.

So what does XBMC show on yours? A steady 23.98?
I'm not at home, but I do recall XBMC reporting wonky fps. However, it's clearly wrong. My playback is smooth.
Thanks, I may just need to keep experimenting with it (and drive the wife crazy in the meantime).

So if I'm running an HDMI (no optical cable) through my receiver to my LCD TV, do I still need a delay of around 150ms?
I thought "Sync Playback To Display" was supposed to automatically adjust any delay issues?
Just an update...

Wow, my mac mini 5,1 (2011) IntelHD3000 is incredibly picky...

I kept getting out of sync with the latest nightlies. I think something must be broken with "Sync Playback to Display" in later builds. Passthrough audio via HDMI also doesn't work, but I think that's already a known issue. So I ditched trying to feed audio through HDMI and am using an optical cable instead. Anyway, I finally got things smoothed out with Memphiz's 8/27 build: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...s-i386.dmg

SwitchResX is setup with 23.977fps custom resolution. I also included a 150ms delay in my advanced settings. All 1080p24 movies seem to be running smooth so far (fingers crossed that it stays that way).

I tried setting up a custom 59.94fps (for 29.97 video), but it just wouldn't work right (my TV wigs out when it receives a 30hz signal, so that's not an option). Video stuttered much worse than the standard 30fps.

Anyway, this thread has been very helpful. Thanks jingai.
Anyone have any updates on this specific to Gotham RC1?
I didn't read the whole thread now - just the inital post. With current nightlies the multichannel pcm channel mapping is fixed. When turning off passthrough but instead configure to 5.1 and using multichannel pcm it should work fine when using the video clock (and resampling audio - resampling audio in passthrough mode is not possible and might result in blips).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac mini and 23.976Hz1