iPlayer addon & DNS
First, I suspect this answer is already out there but the iPlayer thread is 192 pages longs & the forum doesn't allow searches on a three letter word so I can't search for DNS. So, I have to rely on the kindness of others.

I want to try using a service called tunlr with this addon but I can't find any dns settings within the addon. Does this mean that I have to set the DNS for the linux box I'm running xbmc on and thereby mess up my other addons?

Thanks in advance.
Richard
You have to set the dns at the OS level or on your router.

(2012-10-23, 20:32)castalla Wrote: You have to set the dns at the OS level or on your router.

Too bad.

Thanks.
(2012-10-23, 22:29)rcrh Wrote:
(2012-10-23, 20:32)castalla Wrote: You have to set the dns at the OS level or on your router.

Too bad.

Thanks.

This is not entirely true, but it is the easiest way to do it.
Since you are running linux, you can install dnsmasq There are several threads on tunlr forums that describe its use/setup. Essentially you can force all requests to BBC (or any site) to use a specific DNS server of your choosing.
If you get stuck or need more info, PM me and i will share my config files (at work at present so dont have access to them)
(2012-10-23, 22:43)eluSive_NZ Wrote:
(2012-10-23, 22:29)rcrh Wrote:

Too bad.

Thanks.

Since you are running linux, you can install dnsmasq There are several threads on tunlr forums that describe its use/setup. Essentially you can force all requests to BBC (or any site) to use a specific DNS server of your choosing.
If you get stuck or need more info, PM me and i will share my config files (at work at present so dont have access to them)

that's what I'm doing here, dnsmasq on a tplink tl-wr1043nd router running dd-wrt.
it works like a charm.
the only thing you need to do after that is configure the iPlayer addon to use limelight instead of akamai.
LiveStreams.xml - My List with English, Portuguese, German, French and Italian Streams
(2012-10-28, 02:26)diego-ch Wrote:
(2012-10-23, 22:43)eluSive_NZ Wrote:
(2012-10-23, 22:29)rcrh Wrote: Too bad.

Thanks.

that's what I'm doing here, dnsmasq on a tplink tl-wr1043nd router running dd-wrt.
it works like a charm.
the only thing you need to do after that is configure the iPlayer addon to use limelight instead of akamai.

Hi,
Do you mind telling me what address did you put in dnsmasq for iplayer to work? Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPlayer addon & DNS0