Any chance to get some methods to trigger content scraping manually?
I'd like to create a media management WebInterface but without that it would be kind of useless.
Think of this situation:
- server with tvheadend, mysql, samba,..., XBMC-Server (perhaps like in this post?)
- many clients, some openelec, none having any sources defined but connected to the MySQL DB
Then I can think of these features needed in WebInterface:
- Start Scanning (supported)
- Show newest content (supported)
- Show/Edit Details (supported)
- Delete content from DB (not sure if supported)
- Rescan a content item (unsupported)
- Rename/Move files on disk (unsupported) [*]
- Perhaps some methods to unpack/copy/move files from incoming folders (like torrent DLs) (unsupported) [*]
[*] perhaps those can be achieved with a python addon which can be triggered from JSON (at least afaik)
I know that some of those can be achieved using other tools, but i'd like to have all of that in one interface.
Reading the forum and other sources regularly i think i'm not alone with that wishes
So why not use XBMC directly. Not many pieces missing:
- JSON methods
Cannot see why server mode should not be possible but i also know that there may be many coding-issues that stand against that i cannot see from outside
So perhaps for a first step 'just' the content scraping?
In fact that's why I'm posting here
Joined: Mar 2010
2012-10-24 12:22 Post: #1
Joined: Apr 2011
2012-10-24 19:24 Post: #2
Haven't tried but scrapers are just addons so Addons.ExecuteAddon might do what you want.
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Dawn of time
2012-10-24 19:28 Post: #3
(2012-10-24 19:24)Mizaki Wrote: Haven't tried but scrapers are just addons so Addons.ExecuteAddon might do what you want.
That won't work because they don't behave like normal addons
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first
For your mediacenter artwork go to