Add Clean Library to context menu
Hi, any chance to make the clean library function a bit more accessible, e.g as an extra option in the context menu within the library?

I use this function quite frequently

Rg
Marck
Hmm... it's not "normal" to have to forcibly clean your library so frequently. You may want to do some RCA to determine why it's getting corrupted so often.
My library is quite dynamic, the ones I dislike are removed from the NAS. But that doens't remove it from the library

You can open the context menu for the item you don't wish to keep and select "Remove from library" and, if file rename/deletion is enabled, you will be asked if you wish to remove the physical file as well. This procedure removes both the file and library entry for that file.
artafael, that is only removing the file itself, not the folder nor additional files like nfo, tbn, jpg or trailers. And that's not what Marck asked for. I also clean my database very often as i delete all the movies on my NAS that i dont like. Why should i do this one by one when it can be done through a database cleaning after deleting some movies? I don't need that in the context menu but please try to answer the question and not to give hints what can be done either.

@Marck: you should ask this in the general help and support forum or in the skin specific forum for the skin you use as this is not an ATV2 issue
Thanks Maetrik !

Realized a bit too late that it was better to post in the general forum. ATV2 user, so this is the default forum for me.

And of course I agree with your comment. Don't want to delete stuff one by one. And I also don't want to keep track which movies I have removed from the NAS and which ones from the library.

My idea to make the clean library option more accessible is just a suggestion to improve the usability of the product.

Also the library is not getting corrupted, just want to clean up the dead wood.
if you are adding and removing so much, why not use the advanced setting to clean on update?
Code:
    <videolibrary>
        <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
    </videolibrary>
Or you could map:
Code:
CleanLibrary(video)

to one of your buttons on the remote
The problem with this is that XBMC might delete your entire library if it doesn't find your network filesystem or your external hard drive.
It should not delete in case it can't mount the network filesystem, or the mount point for the external HDD can't be found.

This is an essencial usability feature that PLEX already has for some time now. This might seem irrelevant for those who like to collect movies, but for those who need to delete movies frequently to free up space, it is a PITA to have to go and clean files manually everytime.

If/when XBMC fixes this, I'm ready to jump ship, until then with PLEX I must stay Sad

+1
And saying that in six threads is not gonna help
STOP SPAMMING!!!!!
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
This used to be easier when "Clean library" was in the first page of Videos - Settings. Now I have the extra step of scrolling down to get at "Clean library."
If you're after the original request, this is now possible via context menu add-ons. I wonder if someone might be willing to make an example context menu add-on that fires off some command, that people could then adapt to whatever specific JSON-RPC command they wanted (such as this one).
Is there a way to run clean library as a backend service. Currently when i run i cannot do anything else and depending on the library it takes time.
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
(2016-02-22, 05:56)Ned Scott Wrote: If you're after the original request, this is now possible via context menu add-ons. I wonder if someone might be willing to make an example context menu add-on that fires off some command, that people could then adapt to whatever specific JSON-RPC command they wanted (such as this one).

Thats a great idea!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add Clean Library to context menu1