XMBC with Tvix Slim S1
Hi All, I'm brand new to this forum and am looking for some help on a few things. My Tvix unit is hardwired to my router so no issues with connectivity.

I have installed XMBC on my PC, setup the folders I want to see on my player via uPnP.
The problem is, I cannot see those folders when I try to use the Tvix via uPnP. Do I need to continue running the tvixhd1 software as well? or is this a separate issue? Is XMBC limited to a certain number of files or folders or sources (I have 5 HDDs) ? Is there a better software solution available to use with the Slim S1?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I use a few tvix's and a xbmc. I am actually looking to go full xbmc, but i wanted to test drive it for awhile. all my hds are on a file server and everything operates fine. The 2 have nothing to do with each other. you need to add a source in xbmc where you files are. then you will want to import them. The only thing that would change or be added is if you scrape the movies. A new jpeg is added to the file, however this does not hurt the tvix.

If you cannot see the files, you might have a naming issue, though i believe that just has to do with tv shows.
CK2012, thanks for your reply. Very much appreciated

Can you please elaborate on "...and then you will want to import them."
I thought I'd done all the steps. Added sources, then selected folders for each library etc etc

Thanks also for clarifying that the two pieces of software don't impact on each other...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC with Tvix Slim S10