Base Windows 7/XBMC Install, NO TEXT
Yes it's AMD new beta drivers... but they are too good to roll it back.

(2012-10-25, 22:09)damirex Wrote: Yes it's AMD new beta drivers... but they are too good to roll it back.

Your choice, text or not text.
(2012-10-25, 22:53)artrafael Wrote:
(2012-10-25, 22:09)damirex Wrote: Yes it's AMD new beta drivers... but they are too good to roll it back.

Your choice, text or not text.

Yeah it would be cool if there were some workaround with the new drivers. It may very well be that it's AMD's fault but I have no DXVA with the old drivers and I reinstalled just for these new drivers. Maybe switch some fonts or something?

Any suggestion would be kind!
Have the same issue with the beta drivers and Windows 8.

I found a work around by running XBMC in Windows XP (SP3) compatibility mode -- right click on program shortcut, go to properties, compatibility tab, check the box to run in compatibility mode, and choose win xp sp3 from the list, hit ok.

Maybe it will also work with 7?
(2012-10-27, 05:12)vald Wrote: Have the same issue with the beta drivers and Windows 8.

I found a work around by running XBMC in Windows XP (SP3) compatibility mode -- right click on program shortcut, go to properties, compatibility tab, check the box to run in compatibility mode, and choose win xp sp3 from the list, hit ok.

Maybe it will also work with 7?

Genius Smile Thanks mate.

This works in Win 7 x64 too.

bb
Thanks, works in Windows 8 x64 too
Exact same problem here

Compatibility workaround works great

Thanks!
This fixed the text for me but if I tab out whilst playing a video after a few seconds it will stop playing and only resume once i maximise xbmc again. Hopefully AMD will fix it soon.
so, 12.11 b is the problem :B

well, windows media center works fine so i will use it from now :/
DXVA doesn't work in compatibility mode for me... Hope AMD fixes this. I am seriously thinking about getting a nvidia card
Yes...same here with the Beta driver. Issue has been reported to AMD.
http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.c...word1=XBMC

If you wish to add to this bug report by adding your own (raising the awareness of this issue) report:
http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D20B2F3F58
(2012-11-02, 23:54)skowwi Wrote: DXVA doesn't work in compatibility mode for me... Hope AMD fixes this. I am seriously thinking about getting a nvidia card

Because a beta doesn't work properly in XBMC? I mean if the problem persisted through a couple of full release drivers I can see a cause to complain... but a beta? I mean I can't use XBMC on my main desktop because of this but all 4 other PCs in my house are fine since I don't really care about running latest Catalyst on them.
Exclamation 
If you run the program in WinXP SP3 Compatibility mode you will not have to roll back your drivers. Right Click the icon goto properties then click on the compatibility tab and check the box under compatibility mode.
I was able to run it in Compatibility mode on my new Asrock Xvision HTPC, but i do not have Wasapi in audio setup, only my Denon receiver listed there, so, I can not run DTS-HD sound...
Apparently this has been fixed in the AMD driver now - http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pag...river.aspx

Im updating wiki to reflect this driver update

Only posted here for that reason.

uNi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Base Windows 7/XBMC Install, NO TEXT2