• 2(current)
Programming the Mele F10
(2013-01-14, 00:12)oriongb Wrote:
(2012-12-25, 04:46)lucho528 Wrote: Hey I got a quesion, I'm considering buying this remote, but I read that if you move your hand around the mouse cursor will appear and I don't want to see the cursor, and if you disable the mouse on XBMC settings, you loose the directional keys in the remote part of the remote? I don't know if I am explaining myself, but did you find a way around this?

Thanks so very much

Sorry for the bump, could somebody answer this one though? Many thanks!

If you flip the remote keyboard-side up you only use the keyboard. If you want a mouse cursor you flip it over and the mouse activates. Really great actually. Would recommend this remote if you want one. But a Android remote over WiFi is much better. Combine it with a tablet and you can browse your library on your tablet and select what to play.
(2012-11-15, 12:29)Skank Wrote: I would like to have those settings too if you dont mind

same request here Wink
(2013-02-01, 16:37)chtamina Wrote:
(2012-11-15, 12:29)Skank Wrote: I would like to have those settings too if you dont mind

same request here Wink

Here is the keyboard.xml file (goes in the "...AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps" directory) I created for the "home" button and the additional four bottom buttons on the remote side:

<!--Template XBMC keyboard file-->
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<home>parentdir</home>
<f1>play</f1>
<f2>stop</f2>
<f3>rewind</f3>
<f4>fastforward</f4>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
Thanks for sharing... I pray someone reports back with a successful method of turning the TV on or off with this remote.
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
Have you checked if your system supports HDMI cec?

I'm not 100% sure but i think that allows two way control (ie. HDMI device can turn on TV, set source etc.) Maybe you could rig something up that way?
Yeah... I know. Sadly, my dynex does not support CEC as far as I can tell.
Hi guys!

How do you use the back button? Any time I press the "air" functions kicks back on and the pointer returns. I don't like that behavior. Any way to disable the air mouse when using XBMC?

Thank you
(2013-05-03, 23:45)MarceFX Wrote: Hi guys!

How do you use the back button? Any time I press the "air" functions kicks back on and the pointer returns. I don't like that behavior. Any way to disable the air mouse when using XBMC?

Thank you

The back button is actually right mouse click, check out my post on the Mele F10:- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=161580

I got it working by using the <mouse> section in keyboard.xml I also explain a work around for the mouse pointer.
(2013-05-04, 09:51)roidy Wrote:
(2013-05-03, 23:45)MarceFX Wrote: Hi guys!

Thank you

The back button is actually right mouse click, check out my post on the Mele F10:- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=161580

I got it working by using the <mouse> section in keyboard.xml I also explain a work around for the mouse pointer.

Thanks, but I still don't get something... You said making the pointer disappear (using a png file) works, but if I have the mouse on, things go crazy, since every move makes menus appear/disappear. Did you switch off the mouse function? How do you go back then?

By the way, here's a map of the keys code, cause I noticed in your post you're not using the menu key (377)

Thank you!
Add the following into the <mouse> section;-

<mousemove>noop</mousemove>

Like this:-

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <mouse>
        <rightclick>info</rightclick>
        <leftclick>select</leftclick>
        <middleclick>info</middleclick>
    </mouse>
    <keyboard>
      <a>XBMC.ActivateWindow(55)</a>
      <f1>screenshot</f1>
      <f2>contextmenu</f2>
      <home>back</home>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
  <fullscreenvideo>
  <mouse>
        <leftclick>play</leftclick>
    </mouse>
    <keyboard>
      <f2>codecinfo</f2>
      <f1>screenshot</f1>
      <left>rewind</left>
      <return>play</return>
      <right>fastforward</right>
      <home>stop</home>
    </keyboard>
  </fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>

Then moving the mouse will cause an noop and nothing will happen. As I said in my post I wish XBMC had an option to disable the mouse pointer/movement but not the buttons.

Also in your picture you say the Red ones are mouse buttons however if you look at my image those are the mouse buttons on mine, maybe mines a different model?

My left mouse click is the centre button
My right click is what you've labeled 0(4) Back
My middle click is what you've labeled ? next to 377(170) Menu

And 377(170) Menu returns no key code on my remote.
(2013-05-04, 13:11)roidy Wrote: Add the following into the <mouse> section;-

Like this:-

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <mouse>
        <leftclick>select</leftclick>
        <middleclick>info</middleclick>
    </mouse>
    <keyboard>
      <a>XBMC.ActivateWindow(55)</a>
      <f1>screenshot</f1>
      <f2>contextmenu</f2>
      <home>back</home>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
  <fullscreenvideo>
  <mouse>
        <leftclick>play</leftclick>
    </mouse>
    <keyboard>
      <f2>codecinfo</f2>
      <f1>screenshot</f1>
      <left>rewind</left>
      <return>play</return>
      <right>fastforward</right>
      <home>stop</home>
    </keyboard>
  </fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>

Then moving the mouse will cause an noop and nothing will happen. As I said in my post I wish XBMC had an option to disable the mouse pointer/movement but not the buttons.

Also in your picture you say the Red ones are mouse buttons however if you look at my image those are the mouse buttons on mine, maybe mines a different model?

My left mouse click is the centre button
My right click is what you've labeled 0(4) Back
My middle click is what you've labeled ? next to 377(170) Menu

And 377(170) Menu returns no key code on my remote.

Great! Thanks! The mouse pointer is not working now, although it is still visible. I'm trying to use transparent png files but my skin is not using the pointer files and can't find out why. Looking at the pointer.xml, it all looks all right.

My left and right buttons are the same as yours, but the middle button has no action. 377 is not returning key code neither for me, using Key Test app (Android). Maybe, it's all related to the platform, since I'm on an Android device.
You didn't read my other thread, did you? I clearly state that if the skin uses a Texture.xbt file, which I think they all do then you'll need to remove it, download the uncompressed images for which ever skin you're using and use them instead, then put the blank transparant pointer images in the skins texture folder.

As an example for the Confluence skin:-

1. Go into the skin.confluence directory, then into the media directory,
2. Delete then Textures.xbt file.
3. Grab the skin.confluence from github
4. Copy the contents of the media directory into the media directory for your original confluence skin
5. Replace the 4 Pointer png files with blank transparent png's

The 4 files are:-
pointer-focus-click.png
pointer-focus-drag.png
pointer-focus.png
pointer-nofocus.png

All I did was create a 16x16 images in GIMP with a transparent background and save it as a png.

It's a ball ache doing it as every time the skins updated or you want to try a new skin you need to do it all over again Sad But it's the only way I've found to get rid of the mouse pointer and keep the mouse buttons working.
Sorry! I did read your post, but forgot to mention that there's got to be something else. I deleted textures.xbt, and it worked, since most of the nice textures went away, but the pointer was still there:

Anyway, if I don't delete the file, the default Aeon pointer should appear, but instead I got the system default one. So it looks like something more complex Undecided
Ok, that sounds like an android specific problem, because I have it running this way on both a Raspberry Pi and a Windows box and I don't get the system mouse pointer. Sorry Sad What's this pointer.xml file you talk about, I don't have one of those. Could you post it's content.
There you go. Thanks

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<window>
<defaultcontrol>-</defaultcontrol>
<coordinates>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<system>1</system>
</coordinates>
<controls>
<control type="image" id="1">
<width>40</width>