• 5(current)
Programming the Mele F10
Essentially you are doing well. You need to test the different event# to gather the right device.

I had done the very same as you did:

Code:
cat /proc/bus/input/devices

To get a list of receivers. You will get something similar to:

Code:
I: Bus=0003 Vendor=1915 Product=af11 Version=0111
N: Name="2.4G  Wireless Receiver "
P: Phys=usb-0000:00:04.0-6/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:04.0/usb2/2-6/2-6:1.0/input/input4
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=sysrq kbd event4
B: PROP=0
B: EV=120013
B: KEY=1000000000007 ff9f207ac14057ff febeffdfffefffff fffffffffffffffe
B: MSC=10
B: LED=1f

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=1915 Product=af11 Version=0111
N: Name="2.4G  Wireless Receiver "
P: Phys=usb-0000:00:04.0-6/input1
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:04.0/usb2/2-6/2-6:1.1/input/input5
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd mouse1 event5
B: PROP=0
B: EV=1f
B: KEY=4837fff072ff32d bf54444600000000 f80001 20f908b17c000 677bfad941dfed 9ed68000804400 10000002
B: REL=1c3
B: ABS=100000000
B: MSC=10

Check the different devices with (X being the number you get from the command above):

Code:
/lib/udev/keymap -i input/eventX

Then you will get the keypresses.

Hope it helps.
After many hours trying scancodes, keycodes and button ids, i only have a working solution for windows using eventghost and generic.HID plugin.

it would be good if xbmc could interpret the HID.Button.Value so that i could make keymap universal, but i think its a big ask, with little impact to many users

linux and windows drivers appear to display different scancodes and keycodes grrr.

worse still, raspbmc appears to have something missing from the main ubuntu/debian distro that prevents showkeys and /lib/udev/keymap -i input/eventX from working. i tested my theory on a spare 12.04 ubuntu pc.

i hope someone whos smarter then i am is able to chime in and help.

thx in advance,
Dam0
(2012-12-25, 04:46)lucho528 Wrote: Hey I got a quesion, I'm considering buying this remote, but I read that if you move your hand around the mouse cursor will appear and I don't want to see the cursor, and if you disable the mouse on XBMC settings, you loose the directional keys in the remote part of the remote? I don't know if I am explaining myself, but did you find a way around this?

Thanks so very much
I found the Mele F10 totally useless for controlling XBMC. The mouse mode turns on at the merest whim, which makes everything useless. Also I found that the Menu button is actually another Back button. Totally hopeless controller (for XBMC). I could go on...
Hey guys i am new to this so go easy on me i am trying to remap my mele f10 but i have no idea what to do i downloaded keymapedit and showkey but i have no idea what to do now can someone give me a step by step tutorial of what i have to do.The remap keys i want is back to be escaped and center button to be left click and the off button to shut down and if it can startup XBMC but if it cant then just use another button to startup XBMC and i want home button to work as the home button in XBMC THANKS

BTW i am on a laptop with win 7
(2013-09-05, 09:04)Dam0 Wrote: After many hours trying scancodes, keycodes and button ids, i only have a working solution for windows using eventghost and generic.HID plugin.

it would be good if xbmc could interpret the HID.Button.Value so that i could make keymap universal, but i think its a big ask, with little impact to many users

linux and windows drivers appear to display different scancodes and keycodes grrr.

worse still, raspbmc appears to have something missing from the main ubuntu/debian distro that prevents showkeys and /lib/udev/keymap -i input/eventX from working. i tested my theory on a spare 12.04 ubuntu pc.

i hope someone whos smarter then i am is able to chime in and help.

thx in advance,
Dam0

You are right, newer versions of udev migrated the keymap command to a built in function to remap keyboards. Please take a look at this post (http://openelec.tv/forum/104-bluetooth-r...ting-3-1-6) I have created in the OpenELEC forum.
Even though it deals with the limitation of a closed pre built system, it can give you a hint on how to go on.

I still did not manage to fix it in OpenELEC and I am not using anymore XBMCBuntu (I broke to installations trying to remove unused kernels and I switched to the more simple OpenELEC distro, apart from the mapping issue, am very happy with it).
(2013-09-23, 11:59)kneighbour Wrote:
(2012-12-25, 04:46)lucho528 Wrote: Hey I got a quesion, I'm considering buying this remote, but I read that if you move your hand around the mouse cursor will appear and I don't want to see the cursor, and if you disable the mouse on XBMC settings, you loose the directional keys in the remote part of the remote? I don't know if I am explaining myself, but did you find a way around this?

Thanks so very much
I found the Mele F10 totally useless for controlling XBMC. The mouse mode turns on at the merest whim, which makes everything useless. Also I found that the Menu button is actually another Back button. Totally hopeless controller (for XBMC). I could go on...

I just received my F10 and noticed that the top right button looked like a mouse. A quick search on internet suggested that I should double click it to disable the mouse functionality. That works fine so I don't get why everyone wants to disable mouse support inside xbmc when using the F10?
(2013-11-21, 22:07)Snippo Wrote: I just received my F10 and noticed that the top right button looked like a mouse. A quick search on internet suggested that I should double click it to disable the mouse functionality. That works fine so I don't get why everyone wants to disable mouse support inside xbmc when using the F10?

Obviously you have not used it that much. You can disable the mouse using the button, but as soon as you use any of the buttons that operate as mouse clicks, the mouse mode is restored, so you nwed to keep disabling it constantly.
(2013-11-21, 22:16)Gaudi Wrote: Obviously you have not used it that much. You can disable the mouse using the button, but as soon as you use any of the buttons that operate as mouse clicks, the mouse mode is restored, so you nwed to keep disabling it constantly.
Exactly. It makes the remote very hard to use. I simply will not use it. One of my family members does not mind the mouse mode so much (although he still has a very hard time trying to use it in mouse mode), so I guess it is horses for courses.
kneighbour Wrote:Exactly. It makes the remote very hard to use. I simply will not use it. One of my family members does not mind the mouse mode so much (although he still has a very hard time trying to use it in mouse mode), so I guess it is horses for courses.

That is why to make it more usable you'd better disable mouse support.
Remapping then the buttons makes it the perfect remote.
The air mouse is very hard to use as while youbtry to click, the pointer also moves.
Ah, I indeed didn't try that yet. I was curious why everyone looked for work-arounds when that simple button seemed to work fine, but obviously it doesn't.
I actually bought the remote because I needed the mouse function, but otherwise I probably wouldn't have bought it in the first place after reading this topic.

I'll do some testing next week to see if I can get it to work right.

Edit:
It works fine for me with mouse support disabled in the xbmc settings and remapping the mouse buttons to keyboard keys.
The buttons that don't work like expected can then be adjusted in keyboard.xml (like the home (keyboard) button which at default goes to the first menu entry instead of the home screen). I never use the mouse in xbmc anyway.
I think the main problem is that the product is designed to be used as a mouse pointer, while most people here mainly use it as a remote.
The mouse mode works fine for me too, no troubles when clicking things.
Has anyone got the pro to work? the only buttons I am able to get to register with xbmc when i turn on debugging is the home previous and next track. all the other buttons like the one with the game controller, the one with the picture of the mouse and the one with the picture of the remote do not register.
(2014-04-16, 02:43)rmrende Wrote: Has anyone got the pro to work? the only buttons I am able to get to register with xbmc when i turn on debugging is the home previous and next track. all the other buttons like the one with the game controller, the one with the picture of the mouse and the one with the picture of the remote do not register.

I have recently bought one of these, but have not got enough time to play with it to properly configure it.

I keep using my old ATI Remote Wonder II in one of my HTPCs.

Will try to give it a try and post the results.
Awesome thanks!
(2014-04-16, 03:26)Gaudi Wrote:
(2014-04-16, 02:43)rmrende Wrote: Has anyone got the pro to work? the only buttons I am able to get to register with xbmc when i turn on debugging is the home previous and next track. all the other buttons like the one with the game controller, the one with the picture of the mouse and the one with the picture of the remote do not register.

I have recently bought one of these, but have not got enough time to play with it to properly configure it.

I keep using my old ATI Remote Wonder II in one of my HTPCs.

Will try to give it a try and post the results.

Any luck? I am using this on a mac and tried every mac key mapping tool I can find and it will not recognize.
I do not understand why you guys dont just use Event Ghost I just got it and played with the remote for 10 minutes and if you add the keyboard plugin and the generic HID it pics up everything on the remote side. As for the mouse, why would you use the mouse when you have cursor control, the only reason I wanted an air mouse for my HTPC was in a jam if my setup wasnt flawless and you needed to get out of the jam. Just my two cents. My biggest grief is the lack of learning for the power IR button!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Programming the Mele F100