Advanced Library Filter not showing up?
Hello all. This morning I updated my stable 0.11 release to the Frodo RC1, primarily for the advanced library filtering.

However, after running the updated and allowing the system to chug along and recreate/update my video cache for every movie.... the interface looks identical. And clicking on "Filter" in the context menu just brings up the old "type in" dialog. I ddin't see anything in the video options where I had to enable advanced filtering, so I am a bit confused.

Would someone mind telling me what I missed? Thank you much,

eXo

edit: in the event the skin i am using is important, I am using Aeon Nox 3.6.1.
If you're using Frodo RC1, then you should be using Nox 4, not 3.6.1. I imagine the filter dialog is not implemented in 3.6.1, though I'm not sure because I've been using Nox 4 since it's wee-early days.

The advanced filtering is working just fine in Nox 4.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
You must use 4.0
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thank you, I'll search that out.
ok, when i download version 4, and try to install from a zip file it tells me that dependencies are not met.

I enabled the debug log, and tried again - but I'm not seeing anything related to dependencies in the log.
Try reading the faq
you do realize there are faqs all over the place, right? And that many of them are outdated and not relevant to the RC1 version.

If your going to push on users so heavily to rely on your documentation, you might want to actually have well organized documentation in the first place.

So would you mind linking me to a an up-to-date faq that is actually useful? In my other thread you told me to read the faq too, and it was OH SO helpful. It simply said, "make sure the file is named fanart.jpg.... something that was already the case. So in that instance, the faq didnt do jack shit for me.

I wouldn't have posted this question if I had found it in a faq. There is NO faq that says only aeon nox v4 has the advanced library filter. And every search i have done on how to install an xbmc skin is piss poor and simpyl tells me to go to addons and install it via a zip. Every search i do on it not meeting dependencies tells me to enable to log and see what it is looking for. Seeing as how I have done all the above, do you mind actually being a bit more helpful then telling me to go right back to searching for the answer which is what i've bee bloody well doing?
i figured it out by luck. the faq I found told me there was a skins folder. there is not. more outdated information.

So i just dumped the skin in the addons folder and got lucky, however it did wipe out my old aeon nox settings, and my old aeon nox skin is still kicking around in there - so it wasn't exactly the cleanest way to do things. thanks SO MUCH for the help there Martijn.
I can be more sarcastic than you
HERE IS THE FAQ
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146727

It's right in front of you. The 3rd thread stickied at the top of the Nox section.

Also if you see the Nox section it clearly says in the thread title that 3.6 is EDEN and 4.0 is FRODO. Since advanced filtering is FRODO you can surely do a 1+1=2
Well, that requires knowing that a 4.0 friggin exists first, doesn't it? Eden and Frodo both told me it was up to date, so the only way I would have known there is a newer version was if I randomly googled it.

Might want to stop assuming that all of our lives revolve around this particular media software. I am a mod on several sites, and spend quite a bit of time helping new people with stuff a hell of a lot more important than media centers.

This is just a little project in my spare time, not my whole world. So no, i'm not going to rummage through all your old ass outdated faqs trying to find the one piece of relevant information to my build, my skin, and my problem. That's what the bloody forums are for. I'm not being sarcastic, i'm being critical of the poor way information on this project is provided. A quick search around the web shows many many people are confused by the organization and processes involved. But every time someone makes a how-to guide, the next version moves everything around, making it useless again.

The links in your signature lead to generic faq pages I had already read, and obviously didn't address the issue I was having. Which is no surprise considering you have a different faq for each version, for each skin, and in some cases for each feature. Your completely out of toiuch with reality if you expect every person who comes along to read through all that and hope to actually find the relevant section.

For your part, actually providing a link to a relevant faq, that pertains to the question at hand, would actually be useful. Where as a post that simply says "read the faq" is a waste of everyones time.

And for the record, i was more sarcastic. You were just finally being helpful by actually providing a link - something you could have done in the first place.
Perhaps you could consider volunteering to assist with documentation?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Library Filter not showing up?0