I need to ask: Is DSL adequate for video streaming?
Sorry if I posted here anyway, I'm canceling my Comcast Internet service it's expensive and switching over to AT&T dsl my question how's the streaming for dsl does it buffer a lot? (using wifi). Thanks in advance.
That depends on your physical location for the DSL speed, and for wifi that depends on your wifi hardware and if there is any RF interference in the area.
What is your download at Comcast and price? and what is ATT?

AT&T is 6mb speed and Comcast is 20mb, right now I have the 20mbps with power boost. Comcast is $68 AT&T is $35
(2012-10-26, 08:36)kratos69 Wrote: AT&T is 6mb speed and Comcast is 20mb, right now I have the 20mbps with power boost. Comcast is $68 AT&T is $35

ADSL is generally an "upto" service so you may not get 6mb download speed, but even if you do I think 6mb is tight depending on who else is using the connection.

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
I use to have a 6mb ADSL line for a couple of years for $50 a month and that was all that was available in my area. It did the job... netflix streamed fine there HD content, gaming online, etc...

My friend has Comcast I think 20mb or 25mb and he pays $40... you need to call comcast and tell them if they can help you out with the price and want to keep the speed because you are planning to switch. They may have new deals going on. They will wan't to keep you.

my mother-in-law has 2Mbps DSL and Netflix works fine.

I believe it reduces quality to SD, but it works nonetheless.

she just won't call time warner to switch to cable even though it would be about the same price, but much faster. . .

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I need to ask: Is DSL adequate for video streaming?0