setting up movies from iMac to my ATV2 black
Hi i just jailbrake my atv 2 black and i want to set up my movies which are in several external hard drives connected to my 3.06 GHZ iMac, i have installed the latest version of Xbmc for mac 10.1 if anyone can guide me on how to do this i would very much appreciate this.

Details ATV2 version 5.0.2
jailbroken with fire core season pass
ATV Flash
Plex installed both mac and ATV2
XBMC installed both mac and ATV2

OSX mountain lion.
latest version of XBMC for Mac is v11, not 10.1

In any case, there are a few ways to do this. Easiest would be to just use file sharing on the iMac so that the ATV2 can pick it up without having to run XBMC all the time on the iMac. Grab yourself a copy of NFS Manager ( http://www.bresink.com/osx/143439/download.php5 ) and use that to share the files to the ATV2.

Alternatively, set up everything on the iMac's XBMC and then share the library using UPnP to the ATV2. This requires the iMac's copy of XBMC to be on for the ATV2 to see the library.

Be sure to check out the Mac OS FAQ (wiki) and the iOS FAQ (wiki), as well as the general XBMC all platforms FAQ (wiki). Some stuff isn't well documented on the wiki, like the UPnP set up, so feel free to ask if you have any questions on any of this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
setting up movies from iMac to my ATV2 black0