iOS XBMC Remote not connecting to HTPC
Hey guys,

I hope this is the right section, I didn't see a iOS section so I figured I'd post here.

I am trying to set up my XBMC Remote on my iPhone to connect to my HTPC (Running Eden v.11) but for some reason the app won't connect to my home server. I enabled the "Allow control of XBMC via HTTP" feature, changed my port to 8080 and made a username and password and filled in the mac address that I found in the network settings section as well.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Ciao Sandro,

are you using XBMC on windows platform? have you checked the windows firewall rules? To test if you can connect to XBMC from outside the app, try from the iPhone safari to connect to XBMC with the same information used in the remote app:

http://<username>:<password>@<xbmc_ip>:<xbmc_port>
it says that my search did not find any documents. I opened up my port 8080 on my windows firewall and also opened the port up on my router and it still shows up as being not connected. not sure what i'm doing wrong.
Bump for some more pointers
"find xbmc" is to avoid you to manually add the host ip/name and the port. It requires the apple bonjour service installed on the host machine, but isn't essential. Can you connect via iDevice safari to xbmc with the URL I've suggest you above? Also, right click->properties on XBMC.exe brings up some firewall rules?
I have a similar problem.

I'm able to connect with a Android phone but not a iPod Touch although I have the exact same settings.

My host is running XMBC Eden on a Mac mini. I've successfully connected XBMC Remote for Android (v0.8.8-beta1) on a HTC phone with the host.

With exactly the same settings (as on HTC phone) I'm struggling to connect to the same host using iPod Touch device running Offical XBMC Remote for iOS v1.1.9.
Also tried XBMC Constellation (v2.8.6) on the iPod without any luck.

sorry for the question, but the mac mini and the iPod Touch are in the same network? It's very strange and please try the test wrote some posts above http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1223184
Thanks for the reply!

Yes mac-mini and IPod Touch connect to the same router. Tried
http://<username>:<password>@<xbmc_ip>:<xbmc_port>

and that gives me the homepage of my XBMC, which seams like it is working fine although when I click on moves button at the homepage the page hangs forever and doesn't give me any results.
Hi,

I am able to connect to my PC with my iPad 2 but cannot connect to the same PC (using the exact same network settings and xbmc settings) with my iPhone 5.
Additionally I am able to click "Find xbmc" and that works, but after I have saved the host it does not connect with the iPhone5.

Using XBMC version 12.2 "Frodo".

Any info would be great.

Regards
Hi
Same problem here.
I have Frodo 12.2 on Windows 7, Firewall is disabled.
I can connect with two android devices using official xbmc remote app via WLAN.
On iPad with official xbmc remote app in the same WLAN it does not work. I even installed Bonjour service so "find xbmc" works but connection does not, no errror message, nothing helpful.
Is there anything I can do about it? Any hints on this problem? Did anybody here solve it?

Edit: Often it helps to say it out loud. After trying the URL above I realized my password began with "@". After changing the password to a more trivial one it works as expected on iPad as well as android. Maybe it helps others.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Remote not connecting to HTPC0