Toggle dts receiver via remote key
Hi all,

I have my pi connected to an av dts receiver and its fine. However, I only want surround sound when watching films, not tv shows. Just now what I have to do is go into the xbmc audio settings and change the dts receiver on or off and it works. However I would like to be able to assign one of the remote buttons to do it. Unfortunately this is outside my capabilities. Could anybody help?

Thanks

skooby

(I am able to assign remote keys to certain things but thats not one of them)
Not possible.

Just leave DTS on. This does not mean that all your tv shows have DTS 5.1 audio. It would be easier to adjust the settings on the receiver, regardless.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
(2012-10-26, 00:13)lrusak Wrote: Not possible.

Just leave DTS on. This does not mean that all your tv shows have DTS 5.1 audio. It would be easier to adjust the settings on the receiver, regardless.

If I do that then I get no sound unless my amp is on.

skooby
you did not mention that in your original description Smile
Hi,

Not sure if you can toggle via a button, as you'd need to set true and then false - you could try my method which gives you a toggle option on the sidebar - saves lots of time as you can flick the options on and off from the file menu rather than going back into settings etc.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=138223

regards,
-D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Toggle dts receiver via remote key 0