• 2(current)
[RELEASE] SHOUTcast 2 (Music Plugin)
Well what I mean is I get results like this when I search Shoutcast for a station:

The results show the station name as well as the current song playing. Is this info not available in the data you're parsing from Shoutcast?
Yes, I got you wrong, sorry.

The current playing song (if the station provides it) is available and I already show it. Have a look to the info-dialog (press "i").
I could append it to the title like you suggested, but then I will do it configurable (disabled by default).
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Hey it's your plugin, you do what you like! I just thought it was confusing when I would search for a station name and I would get song titles as a result.
Sure - but if i had written it just for me i wouldn't publish it Wink So I'm open for any suggestion or feature requests Wink
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Here's something I've always had problems with, namely I find a channel I like and add it to my favourites, but then a month later I try to open it from my favourites and it doesn't work, because Shoutcast has changed the URL for the channel for some reason. Is there some way to save a station to favourites and have it always work even if Shoutcast changes the URL?
(2012-11-09, 18:34)Hauser Wrote: ... because Shoutcast has changed the URL for the channel for some reason. Is there some way to save a station to favourites and have it always work even if Shoutcast changes the URL?
This should work with this plugin like wanted: The plugin doesn't store the playlist entries but the station id. On playback request (no matter if it was called from the MyStations-node, xbmc favourites or plugin-listing) it freshly retrieves the actual .PLS Playlist from the shoutcast api.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Thanks for the new shoutcast app, Digitally Imported's got an app for their channels (I'm an electronic music head) but there are a couple that can only be gotten to through shoutcast (as far as I'm aware). NaviX seems that it could accomplish the same things but their interface just feels so cumbersome (within xbmc at least).

That said,

I can't for the life of me figure out how to add stations to "my stations"?

I only see options to pause/ff/rew and change visualization settings while playing anything and didn't see anything in the search results browser that would let me do so.

Maybe i'm overlooking some key/button (I use either a bluetooth keyboard or a harmony one remote) but I can't find a way to accomplish this.

Any help is appreciated!
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Locate and highlight your desired station and open its context menu ("c" on keyboard, right mouse click or equivalent button mapped/programmed on your remote control). Select: Add to "My Stations".
My hero! Thank you!

Freaking a ill need to revisit my harmony one mappings Smile
Hey guys. I love XBMC and the Shoutcast 2 plugin! It works great on my HTPC running Win7. The problem is on XBMC4XBOX.
I'm running the Nightly Build: Built on Dec 10 2012 (SVN:31650, compiler 1310)

I am finding 2 different Shoutcast 2 installs in plugins:

Plugins ->Addons4XBox installer -> Get Add-ons -> XBMC.org Add-ons -> Music Add-ons -> Shoutcast 2(2.0.1)

It installs fine, when I launch it, I'm getting a "Shoutcast 2Confusedcript error"
Using File Manager, I delete the Q:\plugins\music\Shoutcast 2\ folder.
I then attempt to install the other version I found:

Plugins ->Addons4xBox installer -> Get Add-ons -> XBMC4XBox Add-ons -> Music Add-ons -> Shoutcast 2(2.0.1)

It also installs fine, when I launch it, it starts to load, says Loading Directory, Retrieved 0 items and hangs (system hang)
I enabled logging. Not finding a way to upload the XBMC.log file here. Let me know and I can attach it here if I knew how. Thanks
(2012-12-18, 06:02)n2locarz Wrote: Hey guys. I love XBMC and the Shoutcast 2 plugin! It works great on my HTPC running Win7. The problem is on XBMC4XBOX.
I'm running the Nightly Build: Built on Dec 10 2012 (SVN:31650, compiler 1310)

I am finding 2 different Shoutcast 2 installs in plugins:

Plugins ->Addons4XBox installer -> Get Add-ons -> XBMC.org Add-ons -> Music Add-ons -> Shoutcast 2(2.0.1)

It installs fine, when I launch it, I'm getting a "Shoutcast 2Confusedcript error"
Using File Manager, I delete the Q:\plugins\music\Shoutcast 2\ folder.
I then attempt to install the other version I found:

Plugins ->Addons4xBox installer -> Get Add-ons -> XBMC4XBox Add-ons -> Music Add-ons -> Shoutcast 2(2.0.1)

It also installs fine, when I launch it, it starts to load, says Loading Directory, Retrieved 0 items and hangs (system hang)
I enabled logging. Not finding a way to upload the XBMC.log file here. Let me know and I can attach it here if I knew how. Thanks

you have it installet on a xbox over the new xbmc4xox repro
But i have many to do to add the addons what not working from the main xbmc repro to the new on development xbmc4xbox repro.
That problem on xbmc4xbox is that we have a older python and many more what is not up to date!
The only option to install it is over the xbmc4xbox repro not over the main xbmc repro!
Shoutcast 2 is we many other addons a xbmc2swift2 addon !
We have ,thanks to sphere a working scriptmodul xmcswift 2 ! But it is we with most of the other addons from main xbmc it works not without
adapting and fixing!
I mean we have the working dependencies for the addon but i must fixing the addon (shoutcast2) for xbmc4xbox self!
I go back to the addons what i have addet and not works complete , when i have time for this!
on moment i test what works from the main repro on xbmc4xbox or not and adapting this what not works!
when this is finish we make a black list from the addons from the main repro what not works!
i am one man what adapting the addons from mainline xbmc and this will have time!

Regards Jan (skatulskijean)
Hey, this plugin is great. Im running it on my raspberry pi running xbmc. Just wondering if there is a way to make it auto reconnect when it drops a station? Im playing over a fm transmitter at work and when it drops I have to drive back to the computer.
Thanks.

Sorry, plugins can't handle the playback, this is managed by the xbmc core Player.
But you could use the xbmc webinterface or any kind of XBMC smartphone App to browse the stations and start playback.

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Still loving the plugin, great work Smile

I found something odd with a couple stations.

For example:

Search for station name "Jungletrain"

Try to play any of Jungletrain's streams and it jumps to the next station each time. Basically, there is no way to get the station to play.

I have tried this on a win7 x64 xbmc install,and a pivos xios linux xbmc. Both on Frodo 12 final and latest SHOUTcast (2.1.0). This occurred on earlier released as well.

Does it have to do with the pls list they have (where I believe they try to load balance which mirror of the station you are hitting?

Again... love the plugin.
(2013-02-08, 03:57)Ricecooker Wrote: I found something odd with a couple stations.
Search for station name "Jungletrain"
Try to play any of Jungletrain's streams and it jumps to the next station each time. Basically, there is no way to get the station to play.

Jungletrail looks broken, it also doesn't work on the website. Also the playlists are empty.

Sorry, I can't do anything against this issue.

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SHOUTcast 2 (Music Plugin)1