Multiple Issues, Smart Playlist is not resolving them
Hey there, My First Post.

Started using Xbmc couple of days back... still getting the hang of it.

My file structure on My NAS is as follows,

Music
[Full CDs]
(Folders Of Albums)
[Mp3]
(Mp3 Files)

Pictures
(Folders containing jpegs)

Videos
[Anime]
(Folders of anime movies)
[BluRay]
(Folders of Movies)
[Concerts]
(Folders Of Concerts)
[Divx]
(Folders of Movies)
[DVD]
(Folders of Movies)
[Foreign]
(Folders & Files of Movies)
[Home Videos]
(Folders of Movies)
[Series]
(Folders of Shows)
[Stand-Up]
(Folders & Files of Shows)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Main Problem is that i cannot get those main categories (Bluray, DivX... etc..) on the home list.

I tried the smart playlist, but i always get an empty page in the end, i made sure that the rule has the Starts With/Contains instead of "IS" for the Path.

need to also get them fetched from IMDb and updated when adding new files.

that was concerning the videos,

music is another issue where i want to see the Album covers where those folders were sorted. and play them regularly. its giving me a cover for every song in every folder, its not grouping them to the album.

your assistance is highly appreciated.

Thank you...

Anyone?? Please?
For your videos it sounds like you added the source but didn't scrape them to your library? At least that's what it sounds like you are saying when you say you need to fetch them from IMDb and update. Once you've added your video source then you have to let XBMC scan for new content.
so i have to add the sources for all those folders of videos and shows first, scrape them (if scrape means fetching info from imdb), then create the smart playlist?
Yup
Right. XBMC doesn't look at your sources for smart playlist information, it looks at what you have scanned and added into the xbmc library.
(2012-10-26, 23:27)Kay316 Wrote: My Main Problem is that i cannot get those main categories (Bluray, DivX... etc..) on the home list.
This would require - as noted by you - a smart playlist.
Quote:I tried the smart playlist, but i always get an empty page in the end, i made sure that the rule has the Starts With/Contains instead of "IS" for the Path.
Can you post the contents of the playlist (or - the rules you have stup)?

Quote:need to also get them fetched from IMDb and updated when adding new files.
This hints at the fact that you didn't setup your sources yet, which is required by smart playlists. Smart Playlists only work on content you have scanned into your library.
To add a source, click on the "Videos"-entry on the homescreen. Once you are there configure the source (more help on this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Media_sources). Once you have done this and scanned all your content into the library, you will have to extra menu-entries reading "Movies" and "TV Shows". Those are the defaults.
When the library is fully setup you can use the smart-playlists as described by you. They will probably just start to work if you already configured them.

Quote:music is another issue where i want to see the Album covers where those folders were sorted. and play them regularly. its giving me a cover for every song in every folder, its not grouping them to the album.
I'm not 100% I understand this, but I think you just have the wrong view activated (meaning: You will see all the songs instead of all the albums). Since I am not using the music-features of XBMC, I am not sure on this one.

However - I'd recommend working through my XBMC-Guide, it will show you how to setup sources, etc.
You can find the link to the guide in my signature below.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Issues, Smart Playlist is not resolving them0