TV Tuner Card With XBMC
So I just purchased a TV tuner USB dongle for my laptop that runs XBMC. I am not sure what I need to actually get it to work with XBMC. I installed the TV tuner USB dongle device and am able to watch TV through Windows, but I'm not sure how to get it to work with XBMC. I tried looking all over the place but couldn't' get a definitive answer.

I have seen videos of folks having LIVE TV showing up from their XBMC crossbar, but I don't have that. I'm guessing that I need some type of plug-in, but I'm not sure where to get this, or what it is. Do I perhaps need to upgrade to a newer version (if exists) of XBMC that may support this?

Here is the version of XBMC I am currently running in case this helps:
XBMC 11.0 Git:20120321-14feb09 (Compiled: Mar 21 2012)

Please be as specific as possible with what the steps are to get this to work. As I stated this does work in Windows, so it doesn't appear to be a driver or device issue.

Appreciate any help here.
Try one of the latest nightly version of XBMC 12 Frodo. It has PVR support.
You need a TV backend. One of these will work...

For The Record
NextPVR
Mediaportal
Thank you for that, I will look into the back-end.
What do I use for the front end and how do I get it to work?
My understanding it this.

PVR software back end (i use NPVR) you set up, it can watch the TV and record, then you use XBMC to talk with NPVR (which i have yet to get working) which will then pull things like recordings, and channels from NPVR so you can see them.

XBMC is just a viewer, it will talk with the PVR backend for you, however you could just use NPVR to do everything and drop XBMC, up to you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Tuner Card With XBMC0