Aeon Nox: Distinction between Videos & Movies
Aeon Nox 3.61 on Eden

I have these two comparable folders that I've added as two custom destinations in the main menu, in each case I've selected a type of 'Video Folder' when specifying the path.

I can tell from the backgrounds used and the view options available that one of these is always considered a 'Videos' location and the other a 'Movies' location yet I'm sure I haven't set this and I don't see any way to or any significant difference between the content that might inform such a distinction by the skin automatically. Does anybody know how this is arrived at? Ideally I want them both treated the same.

Thank you.

P.S. I was also wondering if there's any way to change the position of the built in home menu options so that (for instance) Shutdown is the last item?
Not sure about the Video/Movies custom menu, but you will be able to change the position of menu items (Shutdown) in Aeon Nox 4.0.
When you say you set up two custom destinations, do you mean you used smart playlists? Because using smart playlists would let you do exactly what you say you want to. And as far as moving the shutdown item, that is a basic feature in the customization options.
Figured out the first part, even though I was specifying the destination as a path in its own right for the custom menu item XBMC was still also honouring the 'Movies' content setting I'd apparently specified for the same folder when I'd previously Add Source'd that folder in the Videos browser.

(2012-10-28, 04:15)dpar Wrote: And as far as moving the shutdown item, that is a basic feature in the customization options.
I can order the custom items relative to the built-in items using Choose Position but there's no such option available for the built-in items like Shutdown.

(2012-10-28, 05:02)defunkt Wrote: Figured out the first part, even though I was specifying the destination as a path in its own right for the custom menu item XBMC was still also honouring the 'Movies' content setting I'd apparently specified for the same folder when I'd previously Add Source'd that folder in the Videos browser.

(2012-10-28, 04:15)dpar Wrote: And as far as moving the shutdown item, that is a basic feature in the customization options.
I can order the custom items relative to the built-in items using Choose Position but there's no such option available for the built-in items like Shutdown.

reordering is possible with nox 4.0.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Personally I removed the VIDEO from the main menu

then I went to the screen where all sources are listed, and selected this screen as a favourite

then added a submenu under MOVIES with this favourite, named FILES, so I can access to unscrapped sections like documentaries, shows etc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: Distinction between Videos & Movies0