NextPVR instead of Tvheadend
Hi all...

I have som questions regarding the NextPVR addon/server.

My current setup is, that i'm running a Windows 7 installation with XBMC as Shell, and a administrator account that i control from RDP session. I'm running a Ubuntu machine as a virtual machine on the same pc, an running tvheadend in that ubuntu install. Everything i working like a charm in XBMC, fast channel switching and so on.

The recent talk about the new addon for NextPVR, and the sopposed fast channel switching on a windows only setup sounds really nice! And the even more recent news about nextpvr supporting timeshift in xbmc is even greater!

So i tried setting up a test environment for the windows only setup. NextPVR installation works like a charm, and scanning for the channels was really easy. So I installed the latest xbmc frodo build, and the nextpvr addon from http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/XBMC/xbmcpvr.html .

So issue nr. 1 comes. When i try to watch a HD channel, nothing happens. The screen remains black, and after a little while, i get the message that the tuner is no longer availible. SD channels plays just fine.

So issue nr. 2. Do i have to make any setup regarding the timeshift support? sd channels didn't seem to have timeshifting support. I activated timeshift in the addon settings.

I hope someone out there can help me out. It would be really nice with a Windows only setup, using less ressources for the virtual machine running Ubuntu.

//TjaLfE
Did you install the NPVR patch to enable timeshifting support ?
hi....

Yeah i just did, and now timeshifting is working great!

Still have the HD channel issue tho' Sad

//TjaLfE
I would try to open the HD channels in VLC to see if it's a frontend or backend problem.

in VLC open http://backend_ip_adress:8866/live?channel=XX where XX is the channel number of your HD channel.
Okay... I will try that when i get back home from work. I do think i's a backend issue, because when i use the NextPVR frontend, the channel never displays.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but i'm using a HDhomerun box as the tuner.
Hi...

So i made a test with VLC, and it turns out, that it is a backend problem Sad
then you head over to the nextpvr forum and post there, or search, maybe it's knows issue with your tuner
TjaLfE, I saw your log on the NextPVR forums. The problem relates to the "|" character in the middle of the channel name. In the channel settings screen, replace that with a "-" or something similar, and it should start working.
@sub3 Yeah... I replied in the NextPVR forum too Smile thx alot for you help
(2012-10-31, 13:13)TjaLfE Wrote: @sub3 Yeah... I replied in the NextPVR forum too Smile thx alot for you help

Working well for you?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Bry- i only managed to test in my production enviroment for about 1 hour yesterday. (girlfriend needed the tv). But it was working great. I dont even Think she noticed any difference :-) only thing i noticed was some slower Channel switching time. But i Think thats because of the new timeshifting feature.
Comparing timeshifting backend to none timeshifting would not be fair. There has to be a delay to get timeshifting.
Exactly, i did expect slower shifting time :-) i originally used Windows mediacenter, and the switching time match Windows mediacenter quite Well
In mediaportal you can get timeshifted zapping down to about 1-2 secs, but they have the advantage of writing both the backend and frontend, I guess we can never get that from xbmc with it's unified pvr solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NextPVR instead of Tvheadend0