• 29(current)
WIP hybrid
Cheers, I've actually made that comment quite a few times now and to my knowledge you're the first to actually do something Smile
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Will this skin run good on a Raspberry Pi?
Might if you turn a bunch of stuff off, but they are written for people who are missing the bells and whistles because skins like Confluence are trying to slim down for those low end machines.

I am unable to find my smart playlists as a item to be selected for the home menu. Is there something I am missing? I'm new to XBMC so I apologize if this is a simple question. Thanks
Love this skin! Any chance that this will work with iStream? All of the current iStream skins just doesn't do what this can!
Sorry no idea - chances are high that it will have issues, can only suggest try and see.

@Mudislander
I switched to Gothic so I need Hybrid as CCM is discontinued
On your first post I see screenshot of home horizontal menu with caps letters (VIDEO MUSIC PROGRAMS...)

I can't find an option to switch mine to caps.
Also can I pick different color (your screenshot shows green)

Thx for your work. Greatly appreciated (my wife is so happy to have CCM back Smile
(2014-01-27, 07:35)CaptCraiger Wrote: I am unable to find my smart playlists as a item to be selected for the home menu. Is there something I am missing? I'm new to XBMC so I apologize if this is a simple question. Thanks
Is this possible? cheers
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

(2014-02-07, 16:23)uomiarz Wrote: @Mudislander
I switched to Gothic so I need Hybrid as CCM is discontinued
On your first post I see screenshot of home horizontal menu with caps letters (VIDEO MUSIC PROGRAMS...)

I can't find an option to switch mine to caps.
Also can I pick different color (your screenshot shows green)

Thx for your work. Greatly appreciated (my wife is so happy to have CCM back Smile

Differences from previous version. Previous version had colour themes which which were done by wilson.joe will eventually get some more done, but for now only blue.

Caps used to be default - now you'll have to re add/name your menu items and use capitals.

(2014-02-08, 15:33)wints Wrote:
(2014-01-27, 07:35)CaptCraiger Wrote: I am unable to find my smart playlists as a item to be selected for the home menu. Is there something I am missing? I'm new to XBMC so I apologize if this is a simple question. Thanks
Is this possible? cheers

Sorry, if you can't figure this one out, then this skin is not for you.

Hi all,

Although I've been using XBMC since the early "xcrate" days, just switched to Hybrid the last couple of days - must say I really love it!

Have spent the last couple of days tweaking the heck out of it Wink

Couple of queries if I may...

1. Although "Movies" is set as "Home Menu Item: 1" XBMC always starts up with "Music" screen showing?

2. Is it (or can it be) possible to have an AddOn etc running under "Home Media Panel Type"?

For example, for SYSTEM screen Home Media Panel, I'd like to show the AddOn for SpeedFan - so the back ground Panel for this screen would show system specs.

Equally, I'd like to set the background Panel for "Pictures" to be the output of a .strm or webcam plugin.

Does XBMC itself support this (Using latest Frodo)?
In fact, the Weather screen can show the live weather report in it's Panel, I believe this is an AddOn doing just this?

Thanks for all your hard work Mudslinger, my sincere appreciation of all your effort!

Looking forward to Gotham Smile

One last query...

Am using XBMCHub (kinda wishing I hadnt but there you go - no real issue but I dont like it making changes I dont know how to undo).

XBMCHub changed the splash screen for XBMC to it's own branded version - easy enough to change.

However, I have the "XBMC Intro Movie" enabled in Hybrid (which looks cool!).

Have changed back to the default XBMC splash screen - but there is a c5 second delay between the XBMC splash closing and the XBMC Intro movie becoming visible.

Interesting thing is that the Intro Movie is already virtually "over" - so it looks like this is in fact playing "somewhere" - just not showing to screen?

Would simply disabling XBMC's Splashscreen in the advanced xml allow this to play - visibly - fully?

THX
***************System Stats**************
Dell SX620 USFF PC
Windows 7
2TB HD
4 GB Ram
The new skin Hybrid v2 for Gotham does a few things that original can't eg

#1 You can select which menu item to select on startup. Frodo version you need to adjust your menu so that the required item is the third item which is normally highlighted on startup.

#2 Gotham version has addons under the menu bar as per Confluence.

Re your background for "Pictures" it's not possible to use a live stream as a background, best option for a webcam is to get the address of it's jpg output and select that or the folder as the background image. You may have to edit guisettings.xml to add the path correctly.

Thanks Mudislander,

(Sorry I got your handle wrong btw - seen it so many times reading through this thread the last couple of days, never actually noticed it wasnt that! Wink )

1. Yup, understood (will re-arrange)
2. Understood (A stream etc would have to initialise etc anyway, not good for the few seconds a user is likely to be on that level UI).

How about an addon - or output from one - though? (eg SpeedFan).
Would this need to integrate directly with the addon code, or "simply run" the addon in the background panel?

How does Weather do this, I believe this is an addon?

Just curious and interested...

Cheers Smile
***************System Stats**************
Dell SX620 USFF PC
Windows 7
2TB HD
4 GB Ram
(2014-02-12, 22:57)Mudislander Wrote: The new skin Hybrid v2 for Gotham does a few things that original can't eg

#1 You can select which menu item to select on startup. Frodo version you need to adjust your menu so that the required item is the third item which is normally highlighted on startup.

#2 Gotham version has addons under the menu bar as per Confluence.

How to grab a version of V2 for Gotham?..
Repo is giving me up to 1.0.5... As it just updated..
Thanks..

Edit: is it just a matter of going into GIT and pulling down the Hybrid Dev version...
And just pulling it as a master.zip then try to install via the install from zip option?.
I will try this and see how it goes...hopefully its that easy..
Easiest way is to use the XBMC.org Skin Development (beta/rc) repo

(2014-02-16, 06:51)Mudislander Wrote: Easiest way is to use the XBMC.org Skin Development (beta/rc) repo

Pulling that down now and the 2.1 zip from within the Gotham staging..
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/gotham-sk...-2.1.5.zip

So either way I will get it thanks..
Rainy day here so a good day to play with setting it up..
Cheers for the work done so far..

Edit: Setup and looking great so far....in love with it!!!!!

Just seem to be missing the ability to set the volume buttons while playing something, been thru the General setup options a few times in case my eyes are failing me, but no where to be seen or I am missing it big time?...
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hybrid10