• 26(current)
WIP hybrid
How far have you got ? have you got it installed & on the menu ?
Noli illegitimi carborundum

I installed it, but have not got past that since I ran out of time. I will do more tonight. I was posting to see if there was any gotcha's or if people know where the documentation fo rit was. I will post later tonight on how it goes.
Hi Mudislander,
I'm wondering if you (or im happy to do it) can improve mouse 'functionality' when working anywhere within the System/Settings area, so that text dosen't come in - and go out of focus (or when text shrinks or gets larger appropriate to mouse movement over it)... and so that the text is always a single static size instead.

this only happens when using a mouse (not when using a keyboard or remote), and it would really improve the skin when using a mouse.

here's a link to an image, where im referring to it happening.
ref: http://www.freespace.com.au/imagehosting...799086.jpg

And im happy to make these adjustments myself, but i have no idea of where to start looking.

-------------
I know it may be more designed for using a remote with the Media Centre... but i find a mouse is more efficient when you have large collections like 1500+ movies, which i do Smile
Loving the skin thanks for all the efforts.
One minor thing, in Live Tv when switching through bouquets it doesn't display the name of the bouquet which is a deal breaker for me because i have so many channels.
Could you please advise on a fix or help with a fix.
Again thanks Mudis for your stellar work
I would like to modify the XLM for the home menu. I have an advanced launcher attached as a favorite. But when I start the launcher, It give me an "Opening Stream" message box. I see where some other XBMC users tweaked their home menu OnClick code to say RunPlugin vs PlayMedia. ]

I have scanned the Folders under
C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.hybrid\720p
In the home.xml file., but no luck. Home.xml did not look like the right place to tweak

Can you help, Mudslinger?
The thread you point to says to edit
Quote:xbmc/userdata/favourites.xml
and to change the xbmc command from PlayMedia() to RunPlugin()

However if you want to edit the selections offered by the skin - A good place to start is with the "IncludesHomeMenuChoices.xml" file in the skins 720p folder

(2013-05-12, 08:04)Mudislander Wrote: The thread you point to says to edit
Quote:xbmc/userdata/favourites.xml
and to change the xbmc command from PlayMedia() to RunPlugin()

Duh! Changing favorites worked like a charm. Thx
Different topic. Music videos. Plan to manually build nfo files. Want to set all the art. Hope to use file naming to link together. Files organized like this Folder is Beatles. File is Beatles - Get Back.avi. My problem is i cannot find a list of all the tags for art and the right syntax to use in nfo file.

Example Clearart. Is it <clearart>Beatles - Get Back - clearart.jpg</clearart>

Plus banner. Cdart. Fanart. Thumb. Etc. And yes. Did plan to rename all the art to match using an Artist - songname - ArtType naming. Saw hints that might work.

Can you advise
This may have already been covered, but how do you access local box art for media?

Nevermind, I found a work around that got the job done. Keep up the great work on the skin
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Hi,
Thanks for making this great skins, i love the green cloured skins...

i have some request, can you add config to make the information screen info "disapear" when i pause the Video.
i like watching anime, sometime there is subtitle that i have to read slowly, and i need to puase it, so i can read it.
but the information screen covered it, that make me cannot read it.

here some example:
when i pause the video, i cannot read the subtitle

so, what i want, when i pause the Video, there is nothing to block the video, like this:

Or can you teach me , what xml file i need to edit, to make it dissapeared.

thanks again.
Have you tried Settings --> General then under heading "Video OSD" the toggle option that says "Hide Seek Bar OSD During Fullscreen playback" ?

thanks for the reply, and i just try it.
it much more simple with just puase info in the right bottom.
but, if it posible make it dissapear without darking the Video?

if it posible, what should i do? edit the xml file?
if yes, what line?

thanks again.

Edit:
Nevermind, i go back to default confluence skin, and edit DialogSeekBar.xml
Thanks.
Hi there Mudislander, thank you for a great skin. I recently upgraded to to Frodo (from Eden, where I was running your Confluence Lite Mod) and so followed here to Hybrid to get similar functionality. I also tried your Confluence Customizable Mod, but it didnt quite do it for me for some reason, I think mainly the because of the different implementation of home screen panels (but I do still prefer the original Confluence style menus)

So, for the moment, I'm trying to use Hybrid across 3 different devices (PC, iPad, and aTV2) so I notice the differences on each.

Here are my questions/issues as follows:

- Can we please, please, please have the option to have the OSD Timeline back for streaming media/.strm files. I don't agree with you that it is useless (I understand your point with radio - ie: a continuous stream) but there are many other situations where the Timeline worked perfectly for a streamed file, eg: Vevo music, You Tube, and 'other' streaming plugins where the file is of a fixed and known length.

ALSO: no Timeline makes it very hard (almost impossible) to easily skip to known point in a video when using a touch screen device. Using FastForward is painful, and sometimes makes the stream stop/fail if you are trying to reach a point far along the Timeline.

PLEASE: is there a quick work around to get this back until you update all of the code (I saw an earlier post that said you were doing a big rewrite) ?

- With a touchscreen device, when XBMC has implemented a black screen saver, touching the screen once used to cancel the screen saver only. Now it seems to cancel the screensaver AND register a click on the screen, which if it happens to hit a Home Screen Panel Item, it launches that item (recent Movie/TV show, AddOn, etc). This didn't use to happen with Eden/Lite Mod Sad

- In certain screens, it is no longer possible to Arrow Right several times to reach the Back/Home buttons in the bottom right corner. In these cases Arrow Right opens the left Fly Out View Menu (as well as Arrow Left). Its weird.

- Im not sure if its just me, but in the Media Info View the Plot text now seems very cramped on the Episode View, because of the episode screen shot. Season View seems ok because it shows a smaller cover image which is portrait not landscape. I dont remember it being cramped with Eden/Lite Mod.
Also, maybe the scroll speed seems too fast to easily read?

- In Media Info View the top bar seems a little bit cramped now with the repetition of the TV Show/Episode info text. The same with the info in the bottom left corner - it seems repetitive. It was much cleaner on the Lite Mod. Can we have an option to switch this off? (its already pretty clear what TV Show I am in, I just clicked on it, and there is also the various artwork details). Maybe in other views it makes sense?

- I gather from various posts it seems like you might be changing the Settings Menu. It works fine on PC and aTV using keys/remote (even if I do find the popping in and out animation 'a bit too much'), but it is very unpleasant to use on a touchscreen device, and hard to register correct clicks some times.

- The Home Panel thumbnails now show a longer text, sXXeXX + TV Show Name, and it all seems too long to fit under the thumb meaning you dont see a big porton of the text (yes, I know it scrolls if you click on it, but...). Perhaps 2 lines are need here, or a different implementation?

- Can we please have an option not to show the Watched Check Boxes (not Watched Check Marks), because in some views they are not valid and only add clutter, eg: World News Live streaming news videos, etc. I think its nicer just to have the ticks when appropriate, rather than a box showing where a tick may (or may not) eventually go.

- Do you have any more thoughts about putting back the now playing controls on the home screen? They were especially usefull when playing a radio stream which is not in full screen. In this case Im more thinking about idiot proofing for family members, since they may not know they need to go to the 'Fullscreen' tab on the Home Screen Menu to get these controls. Also, depending on how many Home Screen Menu items there might be, 'Fullscreen' could be quite 'far away' and not necessarily intuitive. Maybe an alternative would be to automatcally give the 'Fullscreen' tab focus in the this instance (if its even possible)?

- Can Volume Control Icons be added to the OSD, and also to the Fullscreen submenu? (again, mainly for touchscreens)

Im sorry for quite a long list, I hope you will feel it is constructive, rather than bashing (its not). I like the skin and would prefer to keep using it Smile

Maybe I will note some further things with continued use Wink

Thanks again for a great Skin! Smile Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
I have switched back to the Confluence Customizable Mod for the moment (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160184)

It's has a few less special features compared to Hybrid but it has all the missing essentials that I (and others) have mentioned above.

Hopefully Mudislander's absence here means he is busy coding a revamp of Hybrid SmileSmile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Sorry Guys, have been busy lately and had to redo my whole home network including XBMC. I'm back to working on Hybrid - few changes, I was going to concentrate on a horizontal menu, but with having to re-install Hybrid from scratch the vertical menu came on by default Smile I still prefer a vertical menu so it's going to have to be included.

I've read the previous posts, and have no major issues with the requests. Thinks like the timeline, hide watched checks etc will be included. When I've got a bit of time I'll go through the posts properly and raise any objections / alternative ideas.

Things that are definitely out are the ability to change the text colours like the dev version could and the zooming in the settings menus, plus a few of the homescreen background options. These items combined are causing a major lag in getting back to the home screen which is unacceptable.

• 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hybrid10