• 30(current)
WIP hybrid
You mean the floor volume buttons from CCM ?
Noli illegitimi carborundum

(2014-02-16, 18:35)Mudislander Wrote: You mean the floor volume buttons from CCM ?

Yes...best things since sliced bread they are...
especially if you are using a mouse and you have varying degrees of volume coming at you when you first play something..

Any hope of having them added in?

Dam, this is a nice skin on the big screen..
After upgrading this weekend I am over the moon with how it looks and feels.
I have set it up on the Nexus 10 tablet to and feels ok..need to see how it goes on the ATV1200

HTPC- Do have a slight "stickiness" going on in the skin menu.. Seems to hang a little going from say one menu to another using the mouse.. But using Yatse seems to help break it out of the hang..
This is also on the touch on the tablet..
That is...up and down on the left side options...
Not on the right side of the options..
FYI only...no biggy as its just so dam nice in all other aspects..
Do you know how much those volume buttons irritated me Big Grin You're not the first to say they're useful. Will look into adding them again, but have the problem in that there already can be 4 buttons showing so will have to make a plan - maybe hide the search and either the back or home button while media is playing.

I've also noticed a bit of a hang when returning back to the main menu, slightly irritating but to be fair to the skin it is trying to fill out a whack of info depending on what's showing on the home screen.

ATM adding in this request from CCM, but shouldn't take too long, then will look at volume buttons.

(2014-02-02, 23:04)thebearnecessit Wrote: Mudislander,

Feature request, maybe too big a request for a skin. If anyone cant be bothered reading this long post then just read the bit in bold to get a brief explanation of what im talking about.

One thing that would improve xbmc massively for me would be if it was possible to setup you own menus.

Here's what I mean...At the moment I can have an item on my homescreen called "Kids". I can have a submenu with a few different items, some go to specific sections of a video addon, some go to a specific kids tv show in my library, one activates the search function in a specific addon.

Thats great but I think the whole experience would be miles better for the user if these submenu items were not in a submenu, but were instead accessed by clicking on "kids" and seeinga new screen of the submenu items. the user would then be presented with a nice icon/poster for each of the submenu's. so it would just be visually much more appealing.

so basically its like a kind of like having a few separate lists of favourites instead of one big list of favourites.

hope i explained that ok, just think it would be miles more usable and visually appealing at the same time.

just a couple rows of configurable favourites/icons for each home menu item. would look a litle like this , instead of just having the small and subtle submenu system:

The only thing I would ask for is a larger font setting. I can tweak that myself, but it is so much better when already in your skins
I can do that Smile

Hi Mudislander
(and/or anyone who can steer me in the right direction)

I can't seem to find any way to playback from my Favorites list, using the Hybrid skin on OpenELEC/Gotham... No star icon anywhere in sight.

Switching to Confluence skin, everything's in place and Favorites list functions as expected.

Have I missed a switch in the Hybrid settings ? Surely the "removal" of Favorites is not intentional.

Being forced onto Gotham (long story), I dearly miss what's become "the look of xbmc" - Confluence Customizable Mod. With Hybrid, the experience is close, but (and I'm sure you're tired of hearing this)... "If only CCM would run on Gotham, the world would be a perfect place !"

Today, if only Hybrid could play from the Favorites list... blah, blah, blah Blush

Thanks in advance for help and suggestions.
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
Are you using a mouse for control ?

If not then it's a down press past submenu from the main menu with keyboard or remote. For users with a mouse I'll probably put an invisible button across the bottom of the screen. Not done yet.

Next update has the capability of an extended home screen which basically displays all the selected items submenu and addons instead of on the home screen.

Screenie below. Unfortunately this has broken a couple of user settings which will need to be redone.

(2014-02-22, 14:21)Mudislander Wrote: Are you using a mouse for control ?

If not then it's a down press past submenu from the main menu with keyboard or remote. For users with a mouse I'll probably put an invisible button across the bottom of the screen. Not done yet.

A-HA ! Down, Down... and there it is !

Thank you for the quick reply. I look forward to the new features.

BTW: no mousing here, just remote & MCE keyboard (mouse function on the keyboard is totally useless)

BTW2: would you consider placing the xbmc logo & date/time at the top of the screen (as in CCM), or has this been covered earlier on in development ?
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
Yeah purposely moved it to the bottom as otherwise interferes with the home screen widgets or the main headings at the top of the screen.
BTW the logo gets replaced with the name of the current profile if it's not "Master"

OK, I am being a bit lazy here..looking for some info.
I would like to make my own widgets set for the top half of the screen..
As in I have made a new home menu called "news" which is the world news add on.
Set the Add-on Set as a list I have made from favorites..so that runs along the bottom fine..
Now I would like to get a Favorites type setup as the widget set on the top half of the screen..

With just all my news sources.. As its hit and miss what is playing for the night..so being able to point and click to see what will stream and go off and do some cooking after work.. With it running in the background without having to spend 1/2hour trying to find a stream..

Understanding I might have to go into the coding a little to do this..but I feel its possible?
Or is there an easier way and I just don't know about it

As favorites is full of music and a ton of other stuff..its not the preferred widget set to load.

Cheers for suggestion's
Sorry - can't find this: can someone point me?
How do I enable sound on the intro video?
The Intro is enabled (under scripts & paths) - video plays, just no audio
Or perhaps some other reason why it won't play?
I tend to remember removing the sound from the video, as some users had the problem of turning on the system with the sound too high - including me Big Grin

ah so I'm not going nuts Rofl

If I wanted to replace it with the audio version (pulled from the youtube file) - or any other intro mov, where would I find/place that in the Hybrid start-up?
(things live in different places in linux - xbmc\addons is in the usr\share folder - do I look in there?
I can't even find the skin.hybrid in the file system currently

You have done amazing job - really enjoy this skin - appreciated
To replace the Intro video you would have to convert it to a mkv file and name it "XBMC-Intro-Video.mkv"
This file needs to be placed into the folder "addons/skin.hybrid/extras/Intro" which in Linux should be under "/home/[username]/.xbmc"

Other thing to be careful of is if you're using the dev version the skin folder is "skin.hybrid.dev" not "skin.hybrid"

Alternatively you could try disabling the intro video setting & point the startup playlist setting towards your downloaded mov file, but you'd get the video OSD stuff coming up when played. - Actually I need to look at that Smile

great - thanks for pointing the way.
Sill fumbling my way around linux file system so that is most helpful knowing specifically where to look.
I'm really enjoying the linux experience though - just takes a little longer to get there as I become more intimate with it.
I had read the intro movie thread, just couldn't find where the skin was located - I'll play with it a little
Cheers!
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hybrid10