Linux XBMC 12-0-Alpha7, Debian - volume amplification and alsaequal don't work
Hello,

Latest xbmc from git, compiled today. While watching movie, Volume amplification option in audio settings don't work and it worked in previous (xbmc 11) versions. How to make it working again?

Second issue: alsaequal. I have global alsa equalizer (alsaequal) set and it works with xbmc11, does not work with xbmc12. How to make it working again? Audio output is set to analog/2.0. Also, option "boost volume level on downmix" has no any effect as well, but it works with xbmc 11.

Thanks.
Why not just turn the volume up on the reciever?

I think these options stopped working with the new audio engine, although I could be wrong (I've never used those features).
Sometimes I want to boost sound (for very silently recoreded movies). But, most confusing is alsaequal. I don't want any sound without eq, so I'm very, very disappointed with this new audio engine - in my case, only difference I can see is alsaequal stopped to work.

I've read about new audio engine at xbmc site, it seems a lot of things are rewritten and new engine is better - but - I need simple analog audio output (2.0) and good graphic equalizer only . Xbmc don't have its own eq and also alsaequal stopped to work, so I'm really confused now.

I hope there is some workaround... any tips? It seems xbmc uses my sound card directly (it's impossible to select alsaequal as my output device).
There's an equalizer addon, have you tried it?
What addon do you mean? I don't know any audio eq addon for xbmc. Where can I get it?
I don't remember what it's called but I think it's under the Programs addon section.
Its not a equalizer http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...udio_Mixer

Its a audio mixer frosted which prolly doesn't work anymore.

The real equalizer dsp drc are features not for yet.it will be done when they do it!

uNi
Maybe you mean audio mixer, but it's not equalizer, it's for setting volume only. There is no equalizer there.

(2012-10-30, 01:31)uNiversal Wrote: Its not a equalizer http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...udio_Mixer

Its a audio mixer frosted which prolly doesn't work anymore.

The real equalizer dsp drc are features not for yet.it will be done when they do it!

uNi

Indeed.. but - any workaround to make alsaequal working?
No, I have to wait until AE releases their equalizer and DSP and DRC, maybe these guys can come up with a hack or something.

Alternative is go back to a XBMC build that worked with alsaequal

uNi
I understand, but I'm afraid eq is low priority today :/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 12-0-Alpha7, Debian - volume amplification and alsaequal don't work0