"Share" a backend invisibly?
Is there any backends that would allow two clients to operate completely separately?
Share the storage, tuners, etcetera, but not bleed shows recorded for one client into another profile?

Or , what is the best way to produce this functionality? I have a feeling that the reasonable way is to duplicate the backend, network the storage, and use HDHR's so the tuners are pooled, but maybe someone has a better idea?

thanks
I believe tvheadend 3.9.x would do this, so I imagine other backends could as well. You could define different users (Access Entries) with different DVR configuration profiles, each with its own directory/naming convention/file format/whatever. So long as two Kodi instances then used separate credentials, they'd not see the others' recordings AFAIK, although I haven't tested it.

I presume that it'd be first-come, first-served on the tuners (i.e. second client to request gets blocked) unless you could change the priority of one profile over the other... not sure if that's possible, though.

But otherwise, sounds eminently doable.

EDIT

If you do wander down the 'pooling' model, you may want to look into SAT>IP. By my idiot understanding, that would allow you to share physical tuners over separate backend instances without being tied to HDHR. Again, I only know tvh, and then only a bit, but it's recently got support for SAT>IP as both client and server, so it provides pretty flexible config options in this area. Other people know better, though!
Damn Yaffle, you are a gentleman and a scholar. That is exactly what I wanted, and it works great on my test tvheadend install. Thank you!
If anyone else can chime on about other backends I'd love to hear it though.

thanks
Most backends are geared toward a single-seat installation so tvheadend may be your only choice. MythTV is quite advanced too so I wouldn't be surprised if it supported your requirements too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Share" a backend invisibly?0