• 15(current)
Release XBMC LCDproc Python addon
I got this bug for a while and never found why...
Only on TV shows, during playback (when you see the icons and disk spins, etc... it doesn't show the TV show episode info...
For movies, not an issue, works fine...

TV show episodes in question seems to have all information....

BTW, on OE.

Any hint or advice?

Movie:

TV episode:
Smile 
(2014-03-10, 15:00)sfnetwork Wrote: I got this bug for a while and never found why...
Only on TV shows, during playback (when you see the icons and disk spins, etc... it doesn't show the TV show episode info...

TV show episodes in question seems to have all information....

BTW, on OE.

Any hint or advice?

Movie:

TV episode:

Never mind, I found the fix:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=175122

Sorry, didn't search hard enough...
(2014-03-10, 19:43)sfnetwork Wrote:
(2014-03-10, 15:00)sfnetwork Wrote: Only on TV shows, during playback (when you see the icons and disk spins, etc... it doesn't show the TV show episode info...

Hmmm. If your userdata/LCD.xml is missing any section, it should be filled up by the content defined in the addon's default config file which is located in it's resource dir. Did you have any XML syntax errors regarding the tvshow mode or was it just missing? (Would be interesting to know to be able to reproduce and fix a possible problem with the next update).

EDIT: Assuming you're using a recent version installed from the XBMC.org addon repo, of course.
EDIT2: A debug log with the effect occuring would also be good to have (full file not neccessary, up to the addon finishing its initialisation is enough)

nst
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
Leia+VAAPI+HD-Audio+LCDproc addon,TVHeadend-master/DVB-C/T2+pvr.tvh addon on Ubuntu 18.04 (amd64)
(2014-03-11, 09:41)herrnst Wrote:
(2014-03-10, 19:43)sfnetwork Wrote:
(2014-03-10, 15:00)sfnetwork Wrote: Only on TV shows, during playback (when you see the icons and disk spins, etc... it doesn't show the TV show episode info...

Hmmm. If your userdata/LCD.xml is missing any section, it should be filled up by the content defined in the addon's default config file which is located in it's resource dir. Did you have any XML syntax errors regarding the tvshow mode or was it just missing? (Would be interesting to know to be able to reproduce and fix a possible problem with the next update).

EDIT: Assuming you're using a recent version installed from the XBMC.org addon repo, of course.
EDIT2: A debug log with the effect occuring would also be good to have (full file not neccessary, up to the addon finishing its initialisation is enough)

nst

ah... didn't know it was supposed to fill the section itself...
Well, it never did.

And yes, latest from xbmc.org repo.

but after adding the section myself, it work perfectly (for the first time in a while)
I have a question (that might be a stupid one lol)
Does this work in Windows or still only Linux?
Firstly thanks for great work and sorry for my bad english Wink
Is there any way to display temperature from 18B20 sensor? I have it connected by 1 wire. When i run:
ls
cd 28-xxxx (this is my sensor's id)
cat w1_slave

i get something like this :

f6 01 4b 46 7f ff 0a 10 eb : crc=eb YES
f6 01 4b 46 7f ff 0a 10 eb t=24437

than if i divide 24437 by 1000 i get my temperature.
I'm total noob in this. i'm sure it can be done by php or python but i can't do it Sad
Can u add to your plugin something like $INFO[SensorTemperature]. Or maybe can u tell me how to display this info on my screen saver in another way?
Thanks Wink
(2014-03-23, 02:57)sfnetwork Wrote: I have a question (that might be a stupid one lol)
Does this work in Windows or still only Linux?
(Sorry for the delay, somehow missed your post) You can install and run script.xbmc.lcdproc on any operating system XBMC runs on, but you need a running LCDd from LCDproc interfacing with your display hardware. To my knowledge, LCDproc currently runs on Linux, OSX and maybe BSD, but no usable windows port exists.

TL;DR: No, Linux only.

(2014-03-31, 20:30)Hilfarnal Wrote: Firstly thanks for great work and sorry for my bad english Wink
Is there any way to display temperature from 18B20 sensor? I have it connected by 1 wire. When i run:
ls
cd 28-xxxx (this is my sensor's id)
cat w1_slave

i get something like this :

f6 01 4b 46 7f ff 0a 10 eb : crc=eb YES
f6 01 4b 46 7f ff 0a 10 eb t=24437

than if i divide 24437 by 1000 i get my temperature.
I'm total noob in this. i'm sure it can be done by php or python but i can't do it Sad
Can u add to your plugin something like $INFO[SensorTemperature]. Or maybe can u tell me how to display this info on my screen saver in another way?
Thanks Wink

No, such functionality is out of scope of the addon. You can however put the commands needed to retrieve your sensor temp in some script which will echo the computed value upon execution (e.g. /usr/local/bin/readsensor), and then use that as cputempcommand or gputempcommand in your XBMC advancedsettings.xml. This can then be displayed using $INFO[System.GPUTemperature]. Of course you can also use the cputempcommand plus the CPUTemperature Infolabel if you're already using the gpu temp elsewhere.

nst
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
Leia+VAAPI+HD-Audio+LCDproc addon,TVHeadend-master/DVB-C/T2+pvr.tvh addon on Ubuntu 18.04 (amd64)
Thanks for advice Smile I never did something like this but i will try. Is it hard to write something like this? And i don't understand how can i change gputemp script for my script. Can u help me? Wink
I sent you a PM regarding this.
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
Hi herrnst,

I played a bit with your script (http://pastebin.com/Ffa4PBMa) on raspberry...

if I add hbar before the icon, display works perfectly, I don't know why but all hbar should be initialized before any icon.
I changed "Setup widget" part of lcdproc.py:
Code:
# Setup widgets
    for i in range(1,int(self.m_iRows)+1):
      # Text widgets
      strInitCommandList += "widget_add xbmc lineScroller" + str(i) + " scroller\n"

# Progress bars
      strInitCommandList += "widget_add xbmc lineProgress" + str(i) + " hbar\n"

# Reset bars to zero
      strInitCommandList += "widget_set xbmc lineProgress" + str(i) + " 0 0 0\n"

self.m_strLineText[i-1] = ""
      self.m_strLineType[i-1] = ""

for i in range(1,int(self.m_iRows)+1):
      # Icons
      strInitCommandList += "widget_add xbmc lineIcon" + str(i) + " icon\n"

# Default icon
      strInitCommandList += "widget_set xbmc lineIcon" + str(i) + " 0 0 BLOCK_FILLED\n"

self.m_strLineIcon[i-1] = ""

just split one cycle on two, now it's working perfectly.
Just curious, is there any progress on turning on/off LCD on suspend / resume?
I'm using OE, and can't use suspend feature on two of my HTPCs because of this...
(2014-04-13, 17:55)mike7 Wrote: I played a bit with your script (http://pastebin.com/Ffa4PBMa) on raspberry...

if I add hbar before the icon, display works perfectly, I don't know why but all hbar should be initialized before any icon.
I changed "Setup widget" part of lcdproc.py:
Code:
If it's fixable that easy, I'll push it up to some branch so a few more people who reported issues regarding this can test a bit. Thanks for looking into this!

(2014-04-13, 21:21)sfnetwork Wrote: Just curious, is there any progress on turning on/off LCD on suspend / resume?
I'm using OE, and can't use suspend feature on two of my HTPCs because of this...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1575472

nst
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
Sad 
(2014-04-13, 21:21)sfnetwork Wrote: Just curious, is there any progress on turning on/off LCD on suspend / resume?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1575472

nst
[/quote]

I tried a long time ago in OE forums... nobody seems to know (or care).
I just just have the Linux knowledge to figure this one out...
Hi. I can't find a single think that explains how to connect an lcd to the raspberry pi (which pin goes where) and how to configure everything.
Can somebody pls explain it or just give me a link of some kind of tutorial.
There should be lots of examples of connecting LCDs to a Pi on the raspberry pi forum.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC LCDproc Python addon2