• 18(current)
Release XBMC LCDproc Python addon
Hi

What date was version 2.5.1 released? Is it newish or been around for awhile?

Thanks
(2014-09-30, 22:06)cw-kid Wrote: What date was version 2.5.1 released? Is it newish or been around for awhile?

Pulled into the XBMC.org addon repo on Aug 19 2014.
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
Leia+VAAPI+HD-Audio+LCDproc addon,TVHeadend-master/DVB-C/T2+pvr.tvh addon on Ubuntu 18.04 (amd64)
(2014-09-30, 22:23)herrnst Wrote:
(2014-09-30, 22:06)cw-kid Wrote: What date was version 2.5.1 released? Is it newish or been around for awhile?

Pulled into the XBMC.org addon repo on Aug 19 2014.

Hi

That's interesting so fairly recently then.

I am having issues with XBMC crashing out and restarting itself, it only seems to happen when playing music in full screen mode. I saw an old thread here where someone said disabling LCD Proc add-on stopped his crashes, so I thought I'd try it.

When I have had the LCD Proc 2.5.1 add-on disabled, its not crashed once as yet. But when its enabled it crashes quite a bit. At first I thought the issue was related to the CU LRC Lyrics add-on but not so sure now. I am using OpenElec 4.2.0 Gotham 13.2 with the Aeon MQ5 Skin.

Problem is when it crashes and bombs XBMC out it doesn't seem to leave anything in the XBMC debug log file that points me in the right direction as to what might be causing the problem. Although I am not an expert at reading those logs.

This evening I have rolled back LCD Proc add-on to version 2.5.0 several hours ago now and as yet its not crashed when playing music. I am using an OrigenAE M10 HTPC case which has a Model: VF310 15c2:0036 SoundGraph VFD Display.

Also I have another HTPC upstairs with pretty much the same internal hardware as the problem HTPC, however that one does not have a VFD display on the case and that one has not crashed when playing music. Both HTPCs are the same versions of OpenElec / XBMC software and same add-on versions etc.

Kind Regards
Well it seems XBMC also bombs out with LCD Proc version 2.5.0 as it just crashed again now. So really not sure what's causing it. I will try and disable LCD Proc completely for a few days and see what happens.

Thanks
(2014-09-30, 22:42)cw-kid Wrote: I am having issues with XBMC crashing out and restarting itself, it only seems to happen when playing music in full screen mode. I saw an old thread here where someone said disabling LCD Proc add-on stopped his crashes, so I thought I'd try it.

Well, I remember that thread, and also tried very hard to reproduce that issue to obtain a backtrace so I could at least make wild guesses where this originates from. However, I wasn't able to at least cause only the slightest fault by using the addon, be it OpenELEC, OSX, Windows, or my living room box which runs every day and has an iMON LCD built-in, driven by script.xbmc.lcdproc of course.

So unless someone can provide a reliable way to cause XBMC faults or at least provide a proper gdb backtrace, I'm sorry but am not able to help in any way.

Regards,
nst
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
Leia+VAAPI+HD-Audio+LCDproc addon,TVHeadend-master/DVB-C/T2+pvr.tvh addon on Ubuntu 18.04 (amd64)
Yeah I can imagine these types of things are difficult to trace. On Windows XBMC leaves crashlog files but on OpenElec I can not see or find any. I only have the xbmc.log and xbmc.old.log in the /storage/.xbmc/temp directory. There are some other zipped up logs in a folder called Logfiles but none seem to be crash logs that I can tell.

Cheers
Hello,
I'm using xbian on Raspberry Pi with LCDProc plugin and i2c OLED display.
It seems that my system is affected with this issue too.

When playing music, xbmc often crashes and respawn (no matter if fullscreen or not).
There is nothing special in xbmc.log before crash. Dmesg says:
"xbmc main process (1197) terminated with status 134", and xbmc is respawn.

There is no problem with playing movies.

Here's my LCD.xml entry for music
Code:
<music>
      <line>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Title]</line>
      <line>$INFO[LCD.ProgressBar]</line>
</music>

The interesting thing is, when I changed $INFO[MusicPlayer.Title] label to static:
Code:
<music>
      <line>Playing music</line>
</music>
it worked for me without problem.
(2014-10-03, 10:44)0xFF Wrote: When playing music, xbmc often crashes and respawn (no matter if fullscreen or not).

Code:
<music>
</music>

How long does it take to crash for you (e.g. from playback start until crash)?
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
I is random time.
Sometimes it crashes 2 times during one track (after 1-3 min), sometimes I can play almost whole album (20-30min).
(2014-10-03, 10:44)0xFF Wrote: Hello,
I'm using xbian on Raspberry Pi with LCDProc plugin and i2c OLED display.
It seems that my system is affected with this issue too.

When playing music, xbmc often crashes and respawn (no matter if fullscreen or not).

Code:
<music>
</music>

The interesting thing is, when I changed $INFO[MusicPlayer.Title] label to static:
Code:
<music>
</music>

No crash for me when I tried this with a semi-recent Helix-based OpenELEC install on my Pi. Are you running 13.2 on Xbian? If so, I'll try that next.
Hi

Just an update on my situation with LCD Proc. I have totally disabled the add-on about 3 days ago now and since then my XBMC has not crashed / bombed out one single time.

So it looks like the issue is probably related to LCD Proc somehow. However what I don't understand is my HTPC must have been running with version 2.5.0 of LCD Proc for months without this issue.

The other day I tried 2.5.0 and 2.5.1 and the system crashed with both. Nothing in the XBMC debug log file and I even ran a tail command in SSH to monitor in real time the XBMC log whilst it crashed.

So for now I have left the LCD Proc add-on disabled.

Regards.

EDIT: I am currently running OpenElec 4.20 Which is Gotham 13.2. I was previously running OpenElec 4.0.7 Gotham 13.1 for a long time.
(2014-10-03, 10:44)0xFF Wrote: Here's my LCD.xml entry for music
Code:
<music>
</music>

Code:
<music>
</music>

I've just changed my LCD.XML file in the Userdata folder, as suggested above and re-enabled V2.5.1 of the LCD Proc add-on.

Will let you know how I get on with that?

Cheers
(2014-10-03, 10:44)0xFF Wrote: The interesting thing is, when I changed $INFO[MusicPlayer.Title] label to static:

Regarding this, I just ran another test: In a Helix debug build with gdb attached (to eventually directly have a backtrace at hands), LCD.xml/music set up like
Code:
<music>
      <line>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Title] - $INFO[MusicPlayer.Title] $INFO[MusicPlayer.Title] - $INFO[MusicPlayer.Title] $INFO[MusicPlayer.Title]</line>
      <line>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Title] $INFO[MusicPlayer.Title] $INFO[MusicPlayer.Title] $INFO[MusicPlayer.Title]</line>
   </music>
and refresh changed to 20Hz, I started playing an album, activated vis, then went off to do some other things (e.g. not touch the box anymore). The album was played back in full (1h14m length), vis stopped and was returned to the file list, meaning no crash at all.

So since also Ned Scott (thanks for testing!) can't reproduce this, we are still dependent on a core dump or at least a stack trace with debug symbols included...
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
(2014-10-03, 13:39)herrnst Wrote: we are still dependent on a core dump or at least a stack trace with debug symbols included...

I have no idea how to do this.

So far so good with the edited LCD.xml file its not crashed as yet.

Thanks
(2014-10-03, 13:42)cw-kid Wrote: I have no idea how to do this.
On a "regular" Linux box with a "regular" XBMC/Kodi install, install the gdb package, then (best as root), run

Code:
gdb /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin `pidof xbmc.bin`

(in a separate terminal if you started XBMC from the shell - if XBMC isn't running, leave off the pidof thing).

Wait for gdb to load and the prompt to appear (you will notice XBMC/Kodi freezes at that time). Then enter "continue" (application will resume execution).

Do whatever is neccessary to cause the crash. In the gdb session, you'll see something like a termination note. At that time, enter

Code:
bt full

and

Code:
thread apply all bt

Put the output somewhere like pastebin and post link. You can then terminate gdb by entering "quit".
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC LCDproc Python addon2