PRE AMP OR NO PRE AMP THAT IS THE QUESTION?
Wink 
Hi Ive been building computers for a while and have a nice HTPC setup at my house. I have a movie server with 6 tb's of space holding my digital library running to my current HTPC.

My question is when I build my new HTPC setp would it be better to run idividual amplifiers per channel from the sound card or run the sound via HDMI from a NVDIA GTX 6500 to Emotiva Pre Amp then to indiviadual apmlifiers?? Both with work but whatsLaugh going to be better or at all necessary?
(2012-10-29, 21:47)Mars84 Wrote: Hi Ive been building computers for a while and have a nice HTPC setup at my house. I have a movie server with 6 tb's of space holding my digital library running to my current HTPC.

My question is when I build my new HTPC setp would it be better to run idividual amplifiers per channel from the sound card or run the sound via HDMI from a NVDIA GTX 6500 to Emotiva Pre Amp then to indiviadual apmlifiers?? Both with work but whatsLaugh going to be better or at all necessary?

I would send it to the preamp so that it can do all of the room eq.
Absolutely use the Emotiva to preamp the signal. There is most definitely better circuitry in that gear than in a sound card.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PRE AMP OR NO PRE AMP THAT IS THE QUESTION?0