Better timer scheduler recording control
Hi

ive had a quick look over the PVR area of XBMC, i notice it does have a timer record section, however most PVR back ends have different timer records settings.

Like this season, or this time each day etc..... I cant see any of this in XBMC, it means i have to visit my main PVR on the server to do the timer recordings and just use XBMC to watch the stuff i recorded and that's it...

Also better views in the EPG at least showing the shows you are going to record..
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2016 - www.ashleygriffin.ca
Hi the series/ season record is not supported in the pvr api at least it wasn't last time I checked, some of the external plugins do support it though like mythbox or x-newa.

I miss this feature as well and it stops me from considering xbmc as a complete pvr frontend, (no criticism intended of the work done so far)

Thanks for the info..... i always liked the MVP, however it wont play enough items so it was out, i then looked at an Atom / Windows install (with most parts removed), didnt like the price and the 50-80w usage of power.

I really do like XBMC front end for playing, however do miss the NPVR plugins. So at the point i have nothing (other than a NPVR rear end which i like alot), so will use XBMC to play files only (i know that under utilised) and NPVR for the main recording.

X-NEWA does a good job of showing me whats going on, i am sure this will all even out with a few months / year down the line and with R-PI micro board and 6w power its very hard to not use XBMC esp as it seems to just play everything....

Thanks for the info.
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2016 - www.ashleygriffin.ca

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Better timer scheduler recording control0