Streamlined HDMV playback
So there's a bit of crisis going on in the HTPC community about the implementation of Cinavia in TMT and PowerDVD. It seems like non-licensed players are going to be the only option for playing ripped blu-ray ISO's/folders. I'm very excited about the implementation of HDMV in Frodo (especially using it in conjunction with AnyDVD's speedmenu feature). I've tested it in a recent nightly, and it's a bit buggy (the HDMV menu doesn't disappear when you press play). I'm confident those issues will be ironed out, but I'm more concerned about ease of use. Currently it seems you have to navigate through the blu-ray file structure, find the index file, and then press play. Ideally though, you could press play at the movie folder, and XBMC would take care of the rest for you and bring you to the HDMV menu. I'm not sure if this functionality is already planned or not. It would really make XBMC a great solution for those who play straight blu-ray rips.
Enable stacking.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ah thanks! I should have known. Question though. Is there a way to bypass the next dialog (where it shows you the different titles and the option to go to the blu-ray menu at the bottom) and always go the blu-ray menu? Also, when XBMC displays the different titles, what selection logic is it using? A big concern I have is that blu-ray's are popping up lately (such as the Hunger Games) that have a new form of protection called Screen Pass. Apparently what it does is create a bogus playlist that appears correct to the player, but it actually presents the scenes completely out of order. AnyDVD's speedmenu apparently works around Screen Pass, hence the desire to go directly to the HDMV/speedmenu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streamlined HDMV playback0