PVRManager not connecting in time after wake VDR
Hi everybody,

I am a big fan of XBMCs PVR capability. Followed it since the beginning and finaly
a box running OpenELEC made it into my livingroom. Works very smooth despite a little issue
I stumbled across.

I am using a separate VDR server which gets waked via WoL during XBMC startup.
I use the "Advanced WoL Addon" for that purpose. It seems as the wake process is too slow.
The PVRManager wants to connect although VDR is not up yet. And once my server has started
(17 secs) ,PVRManager does no new connection attempts. I have to Disable/Enable Live-TV
and voilà. I use XVDR but have the same issue when I try VNSI, so it seems not to be a plugin problem.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Cheers

Just tried this and works fine with vnsi. I get connection lost messages and as soon as the backend becomes available I can enter live tv.
OK, this is true if your VDR is online when you startup XBMC. Tried it myself with the same result as u got.
If I have a look at Systems --> PVR-Info I see the connection information for VDR, no matter if the server is up or not.

However, my problem is that VDR-service is not yet available when XBMC tries to connect.
If you have a look at Systems --> PVR-Info you wont see any connection information.

I believe, once XBMC had a connection established it will try to reconnect. But if connecting was not
possible at startup XBMC will not try again unless do Disable/Enable PVR-Services.

Did you have your VDR offline while booting XBMC and then turning it on, after lets see 1/2 minute?
Yes, machine with vdr is offline. I boot XBMC which states "connection lost". After starting the vdr machine (2 min) XBMC connects.

What version of XBMC do you use?
I am using XBMC 11.0 Git:a6df109 on OpenELEC Version: 2.0.0
Installed 2 weeks ago.
Ahh, ok. This function was changed in current master.
Tongue, so I will just wait until the OpenELEC folks update their XBMC version.

Many thanks for making that clear and sharing your time with me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVRManager not connecting in time after wake VDR0