Linux Powersaving Settings
Question 
My htpc which runs xbmc is also my tvheadend server, I have xbmc set to suspend after 30 mins of inactivity which is fine for recording etc and recordings do seem to be honored however, connected clients are not so if I am on the laptop watching tv I get cut of unitl a wol packet gets sent to the xbmc/tvh box, anyone aware of a way around this?

In fact I just had a look at the power settings which I have not really paid much attention to before, are these working?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...wer_saving

The backend idle time, what does this do? Does it detect clients connected and keep the box awake overrideing the normal xbmc suspend time?
(2012-10-31, 11:44)bilbonvidia Wrote: The backend idle time, what does this do? Does it detect clients connected and keep the box awake overrideing the normal xbmc suspend time?

Pretty sure this only detects xbmc idle time and not any clients connected, I remember asking about the same problem somewhere in the old pvr forum part but didn't get a solution by somebody that solved this already.

One thing to detect this could probably be network traffic? If it exceeds (for example) 500kb/s you can be pretty sure something is using the machine and the idle timer should be resetting?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Powersaving Settings0