Files not being added to the library
Hi all,

I'm a bit new hear so bear with me. I've just installed Eden for the first time to test it before upgrading my main machine and I can't seem to get it to add files to the library.

It's happening with all file types photos, music, video all the same I can see them in the folders in the file view (and play them) but the files won't add to the library. I haven't changed anything with the naming structure of the files since this worked fine in Dharma. All the files are on network shares but this was fine under Dharma.

What's changed? or what am I missing here that's stopping the scrappers from doing their job?

An help, greatly appreciated
The Problem is the same on win 7 64 bit, XBMCbuntu and the Open Elec distributions. I really need help with this as I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've tried searching the forums and nobody else has posted a similar issue that I could find.
You'll need to provide further information, for example, what is your exact folder/file naming structure. Perhaps grab a debug log while doing a library scan.
Hi Gabbott, thanks for getting back to me, my folder structure is as follows...

TV Shows:
\\<show name>\Season <no.>\<showname> <season number-episode no.>

Movies:
\\<moviename>(<year of release>)\<movie title>

Music:
\\<artist name>\<album name>\<track no.>-<track title>

Pictures:
\\<year>\<event>\<photo title>

these are all on a windows smb share and I can access them all in file mode but they just won't import into the library. As for a debug log, I've never done one before so I'll have a search for the details and post the results here when I get them.
Just to make sure we've cleared all the bases, did you remember to "set content" on each source folder and then scan the folder for new content?
Hi Natethomas, I added the sources same as I would have in Dharma as there was no obvious signs that I needed to do thing's differently, I'm not sure what you mean by "Set Content" if you mean did I assign the correct scraper to each source then yes, Tv is coming from TVDB, movies from IMDB etc.

ok so I have the debug log setup but I can't seem to see a way to attach a zip file to the thread, any suggestion?

the movies scrapper has just started working after a reboot and it is now importing my movies to the library, the only change I made was to turn on debugging, maybe it'll move on to the TV shows after it finishes the movies... Here's hoping Smile
Well all my movies have now added themselves to the library but that's all still no luck with TV or music Sad

I would love to upload the log files but I still can't find away to attach the zip file to this thread, any suggestions?
use xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Files not being added to the library0