Req Stub Files direct to a particular file
I have a lot of TV shows on Blu-Ray. Right now I have stub files for each episode of each show which has a custom message that says which Season # and Disc # to put in the drive. At the moment my process to play TV blu-rays is to go to Files, open the disc drive, and find the right m2ts file under /BDMV/STREAM. Since each disc has multiple episodes it can be hard to know which file is which episode. Movies is much easier since xbmc simply chooses the largest m2st file, but that obviously doesn't help with TV shows.

If stub files could direct XBMC to a particular file then playback would be as seamless as it is with movies. The file could include text similar to:

<discstub>
<filepath>"D:/BDMV/STREAM/0500.m2ts"</filepath>
</discstub>

This way I would be able to go into my library, go to the show/episode I want to watch, the option box will pop up and when I hit play the proper episode will load.

It'd be great if this could be used with regular dvd's as well, but also less essential since xbmc has support for dvd menus. I don't have an TV on dvd, so I'm not sure what their file structure is like.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stub Files direct to a particular file0