Req Security Camera (Zmodo) Viewer
It would be awesome if there was an addon I could go to that would show me my home security camera system. Most of the DVR's that are out there now have a web interface that you can connect to, and I think all the add-on would really need to do is find a way to connect to that ip and port for viewing. This is essentially what all the mobile apps for these camera systems do.

I'm not a coder, so I don't know how to make it happen, but I do have a DVR system to test with if anyone wants to take this on. Smile
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
If you can find a direct url to play the video output (open it in your browser and have a look at the source. Most of these pages are dirt simple), just create a .strm file with that link in it. Then when you play that file, you'll see the stream from the camera
Tried your idea but the unit I have uses some kind of javascript/activex page that doesn't show much info.
scottbrant.net - Blog
Ghost, Bstrdsmkr...

I've been wanting to do the same thing. I have a few ZModo camera's myself. I'm currently using an open source application called iSpy to monitor and record activity. I can send you the direct link to the audio and video feed but the link has my username and password to the camera in it. I'd love to do away with iSpy and use an add-on in XBMC to do the same thing.

heres the MJPEG URL... (with creds removed)
Code:
http://username:[email protected]:100/videostream.cgi?rate=11
(that is the intranet ip address for one of the cameras, I have the port forwarded for my external so I can still view it outside of the home network as well)

Lets see if we can get this working...would be awesome to have XBMC handle EVERYTHING! Smile Smile

Let me know what you want me to test and I'll run it through XBMC and see if it works.
Ok, so I seen this...

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Int...io_streams

I have two questions... The stream IS password protected (for obvious reasons) but the link has the password in it... would that be a problem?
second question is... If I do create the *.strm file and add it to my playlist, does that make the strm file available to any other individuals using XBMC?
HA! FOUND IT!

Ok, so this is JUST the video stream... Would love to have the audio stream as well but this will DEF do for now so I can play with it..

Code:
http://10.0.0.100:100/live.htm

Ghost, try your's and add "live.htm" at the end of your cameras IP and port # and see if you get the same result!

So on to the next issue, I created the .STRM file, added the folder it is located in to XBMC videos and it will not play. Am I doing something incorrectly?

*edit...

Ok, so instead of using the live.htm stream, I decided to try the original url
Code:
http://username:[email protected]:100/videostream.cgi?rate=11

WORKS Perfectly! course, I can't check the audio at the moment because I'm doing the remotely from work and no one is at the house making noise, oh crap, was I supposed to be working? LOL!

Now on to my NEXT question... How can we use XBMC as a security DVR system whereas we can be doing something else *like watching a movie or listening to music* and have it record on motion detect?
I tried the things you recommended. When I go to this URL http://10.0.0.100:100/live.htm with my info substituted of course, I get a 404 File not Found page. Anything else I can try? I've got 4 cameras hooked up to this DVR.
scottbrant.net - Blog
(2013-01-17, 00:56)ghostelement Wrote: I tried the things you recommended. When I go to this URL http://10.0.0.100:100/live.htm with my info substituted of course, I get a 404 File not Found page. Anything else I can try? I've got 4 cameras hooked up to this DVR.

Are you putting in the IP & port of the camera... or the DVR system?
You have to make strm files of each camera. I don't have a "physical dvr system" so I haven't been able to look into that yet...

of course... the firmware on these cameras "may" be different. the cameras I'm using are.... Zmodo CM-I11123BK
These aren't IP cameras, so I just used the IP and port of the DVR system. There must be a way to do this though since I'm able to just use the iphone app and see all 4 cameras live feeds.
scottbrant.net - Blog
(2013-01-17, 20:09)ghostelement Wrote: These aren't IP cameras, so I just used the IP and port of the DVR system. There must be a way to do this though since I'm able to just use the iphone app and see all 4 cameras live feeds.

Hmm... thats a good question. If I were you I would use firefox and look at the source code of the webpage that has all the live cameras on it.
If it's accessible from the internet I'd be willing to take a look for you if you like. Shoot a pm with the link if you want...
The problem is, since the web software uses ActiveX, you can only view it in Internet Explorer. But I know there must be another way to view the feeds since any remote viewing app on my iphone works.
scottbrant.net - Blog
(2013-01-18, 01:37)ghostelement Wrote: The problem is, since the web software uses ActiveX, you can only view it in Internet Explorer. But I know there must be another way to view the feeds since any remote viewing app on my iphone works.

2 ways of doing it, htm films can be used in xbmc if you add the htm extension to the playcorefactry directory, and i created an internet explorer kiosk mode exe file that plas streams easily.

Send me the saved html file and il create one for you.

xbmcmike
Which saved html file do you need? I'm not totally sure how to go about doing this.
scottbrant.net - Blog

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Security Camera (Zmodo) Viewer0