• 3(current)
Arctic MC101 Barebone (A10)- very powerful low power HTPC....
(2012-11-19, 06:16)woomba Wrote:
(2012-11-19, 05:18)bluray Wrote: According to their "Temp Profile", it is suppose to run hot and the heat suppose to transfer to aluminum metal upper case which acts as heatsink. The A10-4600M is designed to be able to handle 100°C max........
That's what I read too so I'm too worried. You just shouldn't put your hands or others things on it...
You can simply think of the upper case cover as heatsink. The case cover get hot the same way as fanless case. You'll be fine....

(2012-11-19, 06:16)woomba Wrote:
(2012-11-19, 05:18)bluray Wrote: Have you try the driver from here- Download hardware drivers for your MC101?
I have, yes. Those didn't work. Even tried both, DVB-T and ATSC, on Windows 7 and 8.
Have you update Windows 7? I had issue with my Dell HDTV tuner at first too. After I updated Windows through "Windows Update" option, Live TV works fine with 7MCE afterward......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I really love the unit and am thinking of purchasing one for myself.
It would be my first XBMC unit after a long list of TVix and Popcorn Hour devices

I have a few questions and maybe you could help me answer them...

1. Does the unit have any bluetooth support?

2. Is there an options in the Bios to disable the Turbo option of the CPU. I read that in some bios it is possible to disable the Turbo of the CPU, that way the heat of the unit would go down considerable.

3. Where did you order your unit? And what was the delivery time?

Thanks in advance...

Robertino.
(2012-11-19, 07:00)bluray Wrote: Have you update Windows 7? I had issue with my Dell HDTV tuner at first too. After I updated Windows through "Windows Update" option, Live TV works fine with 7MCE afterward......

I tried it with a 'not completely update to date' version of Windows 7. I think updates up until May 2012 were installed. It's currently running Windows 8.

(2012-11-19, 08:48)rtino Wrote: I really love the unit and am thinking of purchasing one for myself.
It would be my first XBMC unit after a long list of TVix and Popcorn Hour devices

I have a few questions and maybe you could help me answer them...

1. Does the unit have any bluetooth support?

2. Is there an options in the Bios to disable the Turbo option of the CPU. I read that in some bios it is possible to disable the Turbo of the CPU, that way the heat of the unit would go down considerable.

3. Where did you order your unit? And what was the delivery time?

Thanks in advance...

Robertino.

1. Nope, no bluetooth support. But it has enough usb ports so you could plug in an adapter.

2. I'm not sure about that. Will have a look for you though. What you can do is increase the voltage of the CPU in the Bios.

3. I got it directly from Arctic. It took one week from Hong Kong to Australia (after FedEx kept the parcel for two days because it 'wasn't due for delivery')

Thank you for your quick response.

I myself live in the Netherlans so I think the delivery time would be well over 12 days.
Will place an order today :-)

Did you also order the Remote they provide? If not which one do you have and why?

If you have more info to share with us please do... :-)

No worries.

Not sure about that. You might be lucky and they ship it from Germany.

No, I have a HP D4000 MCE remote which works out of the box with it. No particular reason why I bought this one, just thought it looked better ;-) The price was about the same.

Not sure if important, but I got the A10 barebone model. Put in a Samsung 830 128GB SSD and a WD 1TB HDD. Was pretty easy.
I've placed my order, so the waiting has started... :-)

Will have a look for a nice remote and a SSD drive in the meantime.
I got a response from the Support department of Arctic:

To disable the Turbo Mode, you can do as following,
On the BIOS > Advanced > CPB mode, the " turbo mode " can disable by setting the CPB to disable (Setting as "Auto" by default)

I've got the MC001 (old generation of the MC101) and I'm really happy with it.
http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/living/enterta...01-bd.html
(2012-11-19, 11:43)rtino Wrote: I got a response from the Support department of Arctic:

To disable the Turbo Mode, you can do as following,
On the BIOS > Advanced > CPB mode, the " turbo mode " can disable by setting the CPB to disable (Setting as "Auto" by default)

Nice. Thanks for that!

Thanks a lot for the pics and the info Woomba, I´ve ordered the A8 version one week ago :-)

I will install windows 8 on it, did you solve the issue with the tv tuner? It´s one of the main reasons I chose the arctic between others.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I'm Spanish, sorry for my bad english.
Unfortunately I haven't solved the issue with the tv tuner yet. To be honest I've been a bit busy with other things so this wasn't really a priority. I haven't heard back from arctic support either. Will shot them another email and let you know when I hear back.

Other than that I'm really happy with the purchase. It even handles Wii games pretty well.
Wink 
(2012-11-15, 06:04)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-15, 04:21)Dave_qp Wrote: Is it just me that thinks it looks like a huge fag packet?
I think that it is just you, because I see a beautiful brushed aluminum case.....and fag packet don't have holes on the side/rear panels and power LED on the top...Wink

Good job these fags (cigs) were not made by Apple, Arctic would be in trouble :p
Anyone know if MC101 are available in AU or NZ yet?
why not just buy a mac mini 3rd gen w/ i5, its $599 ? you could install windows
and im sure its more quiet, and energy efficient
(2012-11-25, 22:28)calgaryleb Wrote: why not just buy a mac mini 3rd gen w/ i5, its $599 ? you could install windows
and im sure its more quiet, and energy efficient
Mainly because MC101 have stronger iGPU as shown in these tests "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" and "Diablo III Gaming Benchmarks on Ivy Bridge & Trinity".......MC101 Barebone (A10-4600M) is friendlier for HTPC.....

(2012-11-25, 22:23)TommySharp Wrote: Anyone know if MC101 are available in AU or NZ yet?
Check out this list- Arctic Dealers....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic MC101 Barebone (A10)- very powerful low power HTPC....0