• 4(current)
Arctic MC101 Barebone (A10)- very powerful low power HTPC....
A10-4600M for cheaper $499
http://www.bestbuy.ca//en-CA/product/sam...25727.aspx
(2012-11-25, 23:43)calgaryleb Wrote: A10-4600M for cheaper $499
http://www.bestbuy.ca//en-CA/product/sam...25727.aspx
Again, laptop is not HTPC friendly either.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

(2012-11-25, 22:23)TommySharp Wrote: Anyone know if MC101 are available in AU or NZ yet?
Check out this list- Arctic Dealers....

All the places listed don't seem to sell the MC101 just fans etc.... Might just have to try and buy it directly from them...

(2012-11-25, 22:23)TommySharp Wrote: Anyone know if MC101 are available in AU or NZ yet?

You can get directly from Arctic. I got mine after 10 days, from Hong Kong to Brisbane.
I've bought it directly from Arctic Germany.
I transferred the money on wednesday and received the unit on Saturday. I live in The Netherlands.

I've ordered it with the 8GB RAM and the unit I received had some small scratched on it. It seemed like the guy putting in the extra memory didn't do it with the care necessary ...

Besides that I had great difficulty opening the case because the screw in the middle of the unit below the motherboard was loosened so the screw on the outside was attached to the screw below the motherboard and there was no way to get them loose. After an hour of struggling with all kinds of tools I managed to get the loose. After that i tighten the screw below the motherboard and everything is OK now.

The unit looks great and installing Windows 7 and XBMC went smoothly. I'm now in the process of getting my XBMC install configured :-)
(2012-11-26, 17:35)rtino Wrote: The unit looks great and installing Windows 7 and XBMC went smoothly. I'm now in the process of getting my XBMC install configured :-)
Congratulation on your new MC101.....!

You can pick up some tips from here- Simplify XBMC configurations......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Just curious if anyone is successfully using the built in tuner with XBMC PVR in linux.
I'm not running Linux on mine but there is a Linux driver on there website.

So far I haven't had any luck getting it to work with.
Good day
Please tell me how it works Arctic M101 with files Blu-ray, Blu-Ray3D ISO network (NFS, DLNA) are disposed on a network NAS (HDD)?
What is the heat and noise?
(2012-11-26, 17:35)rtino Wrote: I've bought it directly from Arctic Germany.

Have you been able to get the TV tuner to work? I've contacted their support a few times but haven't heard anything from them.
Hello,

I've also this computer.

I've problems with the IR receiver under Linux. There is a I/O conflict with the IR receiver and the AMD chipset.
If I change the IRQ and memory range in the BIOS of the CIR receiver, the allocated ressource doesn't change (even on Windows 8), still IRQ 4, Mem 0x400

I think the BIOS is not really stable...

Do anyone can try to change the CIR receiver base address in the BIOS and report me if it changed in Windows (or if someone is able to get the CIR working on Linux)...

I contacted the Arctic technical support but they don't answer me.

Thanks a lot.
does somebody use openelec in MC 101?
Yes, I use OpenELEC with this computer.
As said before, I'm not able to have the CIR receiver working on Linux (so, on OpenELEC).
It works on Windows....

Except the CIR problem, OpenELEC runs well with the Generic i386 distribution (use the OpenELEC 3.0 Beta 5, for latest Kernel supporting AMD Trinity)...
I guys,

I noticed there is a bunch of new drivers and also a BIOS update on the Arctic website:

Support Site
BIOS Update
Windows 8 Drivers

I haven't tested the drivers or updated the BIOS yet, but I hope that those new drivers fix the issue with the TV tuner.

Hi woomba, i have finally set up the mc101 last days and the tv tuner is working ok using the windows 8 drivers ;-)

(2012-12-12, 02:33)woomba Wrote:
(2012-11-26, 17:35)rtino Wrote: I've bought it directly from Arctic Germany.

Have you been able to get the TV tuner to work? I've contacted their support a few times but haven't heard anything from them.

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic MC101 Barebone (A10)- very powerful low power HTPC....0