Assertion Failed Error - Help reading a log and finding the movie causing this?
I've read on the fourms here that other people getting a Assertion Failed Error fixed it buy locating the movie in the log thats causing the crash. I can't seem to pin it down though.

Full error:

Program : M:\xbmc\xbmc.exe
File: libavformat/utils.c
Line 2195

Expressions: s->chapter(i) -> start < = s - > chapters [ i +1] - v start

My log: http://pastebin.com/heymRfJ9

Thanks for your help!
CThumbExtractor:Big GrinoWork - trying to extract filestream details from video file M:\Movies\That's My Boy (2012).mp4
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-11-01, 05:23)jmarshall Wrote: CThumbExtractor:Big GrinoWork - trying to extract filestream details from video file M:\Movies\That's My Boy (2012).mp4

That was it, I just removed the movie since it was terrible anywise, hah. thanks!

For any new users like me with the same issue...here were my steps to fix it:

In XBMC got to Settings -> System -> Debugging toggle the Enable debug logging setting.

Cause the crash to happen again, for me it was pulling up the movies tab and it would usually error out right away.

Then find your xbmc.log

I have windows 7 so I copied and pasted this into the address bar of a file explorer : %APPDATA%\XBMC\

also located at C:\YOURUSERNAME\Media\AppData\Roaming\XBMC
You may need to have show hidden files to see it? (http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windo...dden-files)

Your log is there, you can then search through it to try and find what file was causing the hangup (I needed help with this obviously)

Good luck!
Srange. i had the exact same error with the same movie
you probably 'bought' it at the same store ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-11-09, 04:04)ronie Wrote: you probably 'bought' it at the same store ;-)

Big Grin
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-11-01, 06:48)magictoenail222 Wrote:
(2012-11-01, 05:23)jmarshall Wrote: CThumbExtractor:Big GrinoWork - trying to extract filestream details from video file M:\Movies\That's My Boy (2012).mp4

That was it, I just removed the movie since it was terrible anywise, hah. thanks!

For any new users like me with the same issue...here were my steps to fix it:

In XBMC got to Settings -> System -> Debugging toggle the Enable debug logging setting.

Cause the crash to happen again, for me it was pulling up the movies tab and it would usually error out right away.

Then find your xbmc.log

I have windows 7 so I copied and pasted this into the address bar of a file explorer : %APPDATA%\XBMC\

also located at C:\YOURUSERNAME\Media\AppData\Roaming\XBMC
You may need to have show hidden files to see it? (http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windo...dden-files)

Your log is there, you can then search through it to try and find what file was causing the hangup (I needed help with this obviously)

Good luck!

Quick kudos to JMarshall and MagicToenail....

Was going up the wall with the same error, mine however was MI Ghost Protocol. Ripped it out went to get another copy from a more reliable source and heh presto were up and running.

Magictoenail, really nice touch adding the comment on how you fixed your error.

Thanx mate

Riley
FWIW, I started getting this same error when I started using the latest Handbrake nightly to compress DVD and BD rips, and I started using that because the subtitle support for Bluray is much better in the nightlies.

I found it mentioned somewhere that an upgrade to Frodo RC3 fixed it, and it worked for me too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Assertion Failed Error - Help reading a log and finding the movie causing this?0